PTR 2.1 Questions and Top Concerns

#0 - April 13, 2007, 7:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please post your questions or concerns in this thread. We will do what we can to compile them and answer what we can over the duration of the testing of the new patch. Please be aware that we may not get to every question, but we will do what we can. We would like to encourage everyone to please test the patch prior to posting when possible so that we can get the best possible feedback.
#124 - April 13, 2007, 9:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There was an issue where the forum wasn't showing the sticky properly so it was lost in translation. I managed to save the first posts in it however and am reposting who posted what here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Why must casters and other dps heavy classes/spec have to use talents point to lower their threat? What's wrong with giving mages, priests, locks, balance druids, resto druids, shaman, rogues, hunters.... naturally lower threat? It would make the game more enjoyable and not have wasted talent points while in PVP. I really don't like the threat system. Think about it, if a warrior is cutting you up right next to you, would you turn your back on him and try to attack a moonkin 30+ feet away? Forcing moonkins to go 15 into resto makes it seem like that's the only option moonkins have. Another concern is that the feral tree doesn't work well with moonkin, several of the tiers don't have anything that benefit moonkin, especially tier 1. Please improve feral for moonkins and change the threat for all classes.

Posted by Sungun

Few questions :)

1. Can we plzzzzz get omen of clarity to procc on spells?? Healing, Damaging, or both? IDC which just one of them plz =/

2. Entangling roots and Nature's Grasp indoors plz =/

3. Force of Nature to be able to have some commands: Attack, Follow, Stay, Aggressive, Defensive, and Passive.

4. Move Subtlety to tier 2 like how a rogue has imp sap in tier 2.

5. Imp moonkin aura, which proccs off spell crits and heal mana like imp LotP crits = heal hp.

6. Imp Faerie Fire to not be useless.

7. Fix up Insect Swarm somehow =/

8. an Out of Combat rez deep in the resto tree perhaps?

9. Let ToL druids cast Barkskin... THEY ARE MADE OF BARK LOL :)

10. Ummmm.... Oh yeah, make Earth and Air elementals NOT IMMUNE TO NATURE SPELLS!!!!! It's toooooo hard to farm them using ONLY moon/starfire!!!

11. Thanks for listening :)

Alcestdruid

P.S. YAY FIRST PAGE ON A STICKY TEH WOOTNESS ^--^

Posted by Alcestdruid

I'm concerned that the changes to feral our T4/t5 sets still do nothing to improve they're overall raid viability because they do no cater to a specific form our tier pieces still take a backseat to other pure dps and pure tanking pieces. I know itemizing a class isn't easy but druids are by far the most items dependent class in they we are designed as ferals. Additional changes and tweak need to made the armor sets or creating two feral sets for cat and bear form ever spoken about.

Posted by Arieana

1. Is Feral Instinct intended to be additive with Bear Form (unlike all other threat modifiers)? If unintended, is there a timetable on when this will be changed to multiplicative?

2. Any plans on adding multi-form functionality back into the Savage Fury talent? Perhaps restoring the threat increase for Maul/Swipe, while keeping the damage the same?

3. Armor on trinkets: any plans for changes/additions?

4. Demoralizing Roar (Rank 7) - any plans to add this in for lv70 Druids, to keep Demo Roar as a competitive debuff (and to keep the bonus from Feral Aggression talent useful)?

5. Art for Druid forms: any plans for changes other than Epic Flight Form? Night elf ears shouldn't be slapped on for Tauren. ;)

The 2.1 patch notes themselves look very positive; hooray for most of the changes!

Posted by Antiphaze

Just some suggestions:

Can we have Omen of Clarity work with spells? Paladins get mana back from critical heals with decent healing gear + crit gear a paladin shouldn't go below 75% mana EVER. A paladin in my guild I have only seen drop below 75% mana on the Curator fight and the entire time he raids hes chain casting his biggest heal. Completely unfair I burn innervate on myself and finish fights with less mana.

Can we have the ability to cast remove curse and poison in ToL form its a huge mana sink even with the shapeshifting talents to switch out of ToL to decurse or poison.

Can we have Barkskin castable in ToL form. Druids are sitting ducks waiting to be killed we don't have burst heals enought to save ourselves, yet Paladins do and they can go invul and they have WAY more armor.?.?.? doens't seem fair either oh yes and we are slower than them we might as well be rooted and have the image of a baby duckling sitting down with a hunters mark over our head.

Posted by Xenjin

Please consider:

1. Making Barkskin castable in forms.

2. Making the resistances for MotW stack with other buffs.

3. Pots and procs? Pretty please?

Also ...

The language on the lacerate note is imprecise?? I believe it is just a tooltip correction, but the way it reads implies it will no longer apply any threat to a bleed immune mob. That would not be cool at all.

Itemization:

We really want to see stronger itemization for bear tanks past karazhan/gruul's lair. The T5 change does not really address this problem.

Raiding feral druids don't mind a touch of Int but DO NOT NEED SPIRIT. Please do not waste any of our precious item points on spirit. We also do not need +heal/dmg .. no really we don't. We also greatly prefer Agi and Str over dodge, crit or +AP. There still seems to be a disconnect somewhere in the itemization.

Bear and kitty gear is different. One way to address this on tier gear would be to give form specific attributes. Another way would be to increase the number of gem sockets (at the expense of set stats is ok) or to create two different feral sets. We don't really mind having to choose between kitty and bear for our gear .... we already do that ... what we mind is having gear that is mediocre at both.

Posted by Aradel

The changes to the feral T5 are nice, but the feral T4 is really lacking now. Can a similar review be made of this set? Especially the gauntlets which are far inferior to Wastewalker in almost every way.

Posted by Angise

The lifebloom change is nice but how come the resto tree is still bloated and inferior to all other healing trees. Given the substantial buffs paladins and shammies provide their parties (Bloodlust,totems, Blessings,Bubble,etc) what have druids gotten to compensate as our direct heals pale in comparison to most other classes now and our HoTs simply don't do the job in raids. Will the resto tree/tree of life be updated to bolster demand for resto druids a innervate and battle rez simply aren't enough to justify our subpar healing(mainly support) and completely inferior buffs. Is Gift of the Wild meant to be so mediocre?It's a worse kings that has resistance(that doesnt stack) and armor(that rarely matters). Resto druids would like to know what's coming for them.

Posted by Bainatolie

Love most of the changes

Questions:

Does the snare suppression during Feral Charge only temporarily ignore the snare, or erase it?
Was the decrease in shifting cost intentional?
What does the patch note mean when it says "Nature's Grace . . . is triggered by . . . Cyclone"?
Will Swift Flight Form replace the regular Flight Form spell (like Dire Bear)?

Concerns:

Lifebloom's "bloom" and Swiftmend are not getting any benefit from Tree of Life's aura - will this be fixed soon?
Are additional pieces of epic gear going to be looked and boosted in comparison to their lower level counterparts?
Is the Cat Form range bug ever going to be fixed?
Will Flight Form / Swift Flight Form ever benefit from the Crusader Aura?
Can you please sticky Qina's "Community Stickies -- Useful Links!" thread?

Suggestions:

Could we get Barkskin castable in forms?
Could we get Nature's Grasp castable in Travel Form?
Could we get Omen of Clarity to proc off offensive spells?
Could we get a talented out-of-combat rez that requires 3 people to cast like a summons?
Could Tauren's new brown (regular) Flight Form be given horns instead of ears?

Posted by Beirras

Q u o t e:
I think most of the changes and fixes are great...however...I would love to see some kind of threat reduction for balance druids....simply stopping my dps for like 30 seconds during a boss fight is not what I consider effective
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They did this but it requires too many points into resto to make it worthwhile. IT should be like imp sap and in the second tier.

Posted by Aprudena

Q u o t e:
I think most of the changes and fixes are great...however...I would love to see some kind of threat reduction for balance druids....simply stopping my dps for like 30 seconds during a boss fight is not what I consider effective
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

subtlety reduces threat on all spells now...but you have to put 15 points into resto : / (15 points including 5 in subtlety)

Posted by Phillygorily

The patch notes say that Nature's Grace will both benefit and trigger from Cyclone spells. Is that just a typo or has something major changed about Cyclone?

Posted by Antaris

The buff to Earthwarden seems small in comparison to other item buffs, perhaps this is because it buffed a stat (def. rating) that Earthwarden already had, instead of adding another stat (such as agility or stamina) that would be treated better by the way costs increase in the item value equation.

Posted by Mynea

One question was:

What is the real change to Barkskin? Does it now mitigate all types of incoming damage?

Posted by Chillycat

Posted by Dileo
#301 - April 18, 2007, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just a quick follow-up; I've been reading through the thread and putting together the feedback. The rest of the team is also aware of this thread (and all of the class feedback threads) as well. Your thoughts and ideas are being seen and I've expanded the capacity of this thread.

Thanks for all of the great feedback so far.