Patch 2.0.3 Bloopers

#0 - Jan. 10, 2007, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So here's a list of my known 2.0.3 issues. These are problems that I experienced myself and my guild members and raid members reported as well. Also a few issues others on the forums have reported to me.

1.) Target Unit Frame goes missing occasionally.
    2.) Target of Target Unit Frame not always displaying.
    3.) Raid leader commands affecting wrong raid member.
    4.) Players selecting wrong raid members from Blizzard's raid UI.
    5.) After login, Character Selection Screen is delayed in displaying.
    6.) Battlegrounds Scoresheet alignment is off.

During our two raids last night, Onyxia and Zul'Gurub, there were many people reporting issues of their target unit frame not displaying. You would be targeting the mob and attacking, but you couldn't see who your target was or it's health/mana. Naturally since your target frame was missing, you also could not see your target of target. A few people have reported this issue being caused by CTRA, but I haven't been able to confirm yet.

Even when your target's unit frame was displaying, occasionally the target of target icon would not display. Though this problem was reported before 2.0.3 (I'm glad they didn't "fix" it though, who knows what they would brake in trying.)

I signed up for a PuG Onyxia raid when I logged in last night. Shortly later I was promoted to raid leader... by accident. When in a raid, if you select players from the raid list in the Social Menu window, and right+click their name you are given several options as a raid leader--promote to new leader, promote to assistant, remove from group, etc. They also added main tank and main assist options this patch (Here was your mistake Blizzard. Don't fix what isn't broken. CTRaidAssist is greater than any thing you can hope to do.) Anyways, when you chose to promote a new leader, remove someone from the raid, assign an assistant, or basically any raid leader command , the command does NOT affect the player you intended. Instead someone else in the raid gets leader or kicked or what have you. Needless to say, this is a very annoying issue.

Healers have also reported targeting the wrong raid member when selecting targets from the pull-out raid party frames. Wow, that has to suck for big raids. "Heal the MT!" "Who do I select to target him?!?" I haven't confirmed if this problem is affecting CTRA raid bars or not.

After entering my account name and password on the login screen, there is a small delay as the character selection screen fades in. It was about 3-4 seconds for me, but others report as much as a 10 second delay. Not a huge issue, just not a needed one.

Deedlít of Crushridge Realm reported the Battlegrounds Scoresheet has an incorrect alignment.

Arkadi of Hyjal Realm reported issues with the Quest Log UI. It's now collapsed by default. This is also affecting mods that use the quest UI. I have not looked at my quest log since patch though. In light of other reports, this issues seems only to be affecting those with quest related addons.

Blizzard, I'd have to say you get a 3 out of 10 for execution of this patch. I'll give you a tip to avoid issues in the future. Don't try to fix what isn't broken. CT_RaidAssist has always been our favorite raid mod and all your attempts to match it have been failures. (Though I do give you mad props for the Lucky Charms icons.)

Considering this is the last patch before Burning Crusade, I am very worried about your ability to implement the expansion on launch day. What should we expect? A week or two of server crashes from the flood of players into a few zones? A month or so of buggy and faulty code that requires a few patches that brake other things?

Oh... here's your grade this semester.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF

Thanks for putting that revenue to good use.

-Doc

Edit: Original post has been moved to the more appropriate UI forums.
Edit: Added Quest UI issue reported by Arkadi of Hyjal Realm.
Edit: Added BG Scoresheet issue reported by Deedlít of Crushridge.
Edit: Quest UI issues appears to be addon related.
#5 - Jan. 10, 2007, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When DungeonDifficulty was exposed to the player before 2.0.3, the setting could be changed, but it wouldn't affect the old world dungeons, since it's an expansion feature, and intended for level 65+. In 2.0.3, the setting is hidden from all characters under level 65, but now affects those who have dungeon difficulty set to anything other than normal.

This can be fixed by sending the command:

/script SetDungeonDifficulty(1)

Make sure to use this command when you're not in a party or group.

A fix is coming soon to expose DungeonDifficulty for those players under level 65 who have it set to anything other than Normal, but in the meantime, you can use this workaround.
#15 - Jan. 11, 2007, 6:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blizzard employees dont even read the forums, they don't see read or care what we post, it's only the moderators at the forums who reads these posts and they have nothing to do with the developers, at all. so it really doesn't matter what he posts, this is the place for us to vent and he is using it appropriately

What am I? Chopped liver?
#33 - Jan. 13, 2007, 12:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thanks for taking the time to read as much as this thread as you have. I am curious though. Since you've taken the time twice to read bits of the thread and make two posts, why not post something concerning the issues I raised in the original post?

There are some things I'm freely at liberty to comment on, and others that I am not. Being that the community is highly reactive I have to be very careful with what I say or commit to. I also like to avoid topics I'm not as well versed on as another developer may be. That said, when it comes to features I implement, I will gladly help you out with understanding and, hopefully, fixing them.