Pet Bar not showing in combat?

#0 - Jan. 5, 2007, 8:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Currently it's very easy to taint UIParent_ManageFramePositions() so that the pet bar can no longer be shown in combat.

I've fixed this for CTMod in WoW 2.0.4, and I was wondering if people could post a list of addons which cause this so I can look to see if they can be fixed as well.

Thanks!
#3 - Jan. 5, 2007, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There were reports that it also happens for people just using CT Raid Assist (As it can stand alone without CT Mod).

Others have also reported not having mods at all having the same problem. As well as affecting Party portraits when inviting and joining in Combat.

Edit:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=54890996&sid=1&pageNo=7

Last page on the Bug UI forum. Confirming some of the reports that some people were getting it as well as Portalme mentioning a way to 100% reproduce the bug.

I've never seen the problem without mods. it's definitely caused by tainting, which is only possible with addons and macros. Maybe there's a chat macro that was tainting it?

The WoW 2.0.4 fix also takes care of CT_RaidAssist and the steps provided by Portaime.
#6 - Jan. 5, 2007, 9:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have reports of petbar problems in TrinityBars

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info6391-TrinityBars.html

I do use a secure hook on UIParent_ManageFramePositions()

I also have non-secure hook on PetActionBarFrame_OnUpdate() which basically turns it into an empty function. I do not use Blizz's PetActionBarFrame since I re-parent the pet buttons themselves to my own frame, but if left alone it will generate action blocked errors because it will try to execute it's repositioning code, even though this frame should be hidden along with the default MainMenuBar.

This appears to work with WoW 2.0.4 as well. :)
#13 - Jan. 5, 2007, 9:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
From what I have tested, CT Core, CT RA, and CT Map Mod all interfere with the pet bar showing up. I tested this by Mind Controlling random mobs with only one of the mods on at a time. Also, I have seen that "/script PetActionBarFrame:Show()" is a protected function in combat. I tried to enter it while MCing a mob and it did nothing so I am assuming it is protected while in combat.

CT Core, CT RA and CT Map Mod are all taken care of with the WoW 2.0.4 fix.

PetActionBarFrame:Show() is a protected function, so it won't work in combat.
#14 - Jan. 5, 2007, 9:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Could you post specifically how to recreate it?
I assume you just enter combat and summon your pet.
If it was corrupt, the bar won't appear?

Yep, that's right.
#15 - Jan. 5, 2007, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Does anyone have other addons which interfere with the pet bar that I can test?

I'll be deleting off-topic posts, hoping for useful feedback.

Thanks!
#45 - Jan. 8, 2007, 6:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Someone at blizz go put your self in combat and test it out for your self please, all that I have seen since the release of 2.0 was blue posts saying that it is caused from mods

I've done this many times with many different characters and haven't had any problems, myself. Maybe you can give more specific steps? Also make sure you're not using any macros during the tests.