New PTR causes Macro Problems?

#0 - Oct. 28, 2007, 4:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have no Add-Ons running, nothing fancy, yet strangely every now and then, since last PTR push, my macros cease to function. It seems to happen most when I'm fighting multiple mobs, or mobs that 'spawn' other mobs - like the "" giants in Northwest HFP.

The two specific macros are nothing simple:
Q u o t e:
#showtooltip
/cleartarget [dead][noharm]
/targetenemy [noharm]
/startattack
/cast [nocombat,mod:alt,noform:1]Battle Stance;[combat]Bloodthirst;Charge
/cast [noharm,form:1,worn:shields]Commanding Shout;Battle Shout

Q u o t e:
#showtooltip
/startattack [harm]
/castsequence [mod:alt,form:2][mod:alt,form:1,worn:shields]Shield Block;[mod:alt]Victory Rush;[form:3]Whirlwind;reset=combat/target Rend,Thunder Clap
/use [harm]16

Both macros are bound to mouse buttons 3 and 4 using the standard UI, respectively.

Am I just crazy? Is anybody else seeing this?

Crossposting this on the PTR forum, just in case.
#1 - Oct. 28, 2007, 9:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Any chance we can get some more specific steps?

Could this be your problem?
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2518907263&postId=25749440028&sid=1#14
#5 - Oct. 29, 2007, 8:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
it seems like when you have a cast sequence macro going/being spammed and you the player casts a spell/attack thats the same as what is in queue for the cast sequence macro that there is a stop or pause on all attacks/spells

and if theres a reset like /castsequence reset=3 etc

it will wait till the reset time is up and start all over again

i noticed this problem on my hunter when using

/castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot

or even a longer macro like

/castsequence reset=5 Auto Shot, Steady Shot, Multi-Shot, Auto Shot, Steady Shot, Auto Shot, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Auto Shot, Steady Shot

i can keep it going for till im outta mana but if i let an autoshot fire by itself it will break the castsequence and no attacks will follow till it resets

it can also be an auto attack or stance switch or even healing touch as posted in the thread linked above
*edit
with further testing it seems to also happen when a spell/attack isnt ready when castsequence finishes casting a spell the macro will also stop

for example
/castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot

it will finish one rotation with steadyshot then autoshot then start the next one with steadyshot now right here if the autoshot timer cd is not up before the macro is ready to cast autoshot it will break the macro

now if i manaully cast autoshot from spell book the castsequence will continue to function

im thinking the reason why the op macro stops specifically when multiple mobs is because there is manual casting/attackin being done while switching targets while using the castsequence

i hope this gets read and is investigated=/

What is the intent of a Steady Shot / Auto Shot sequence?
Steady Shot automatically interrupts Auto Shot and then resumes Auto Shot when it ends... ?
#8 - Oct. 29, 2007, 10:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Right, but all you need is Steady Shot in that case... ?
The problem with Auto Shot is that it's a toggle. :)
#157 - Nov. 2, 2007, 1:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The stuck cast sequence problems should be fixed in the next test realm update.

The hunter Auto Shot macro issues should also be fixed in the next test realm update.

Please test over the weekend!
#175 - Nov. 2, 2007, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
*laugh* Thanks!
#184 - Nov. 5, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, thanks for the info guys, we tracked this down and it should be fixed for the next test realm update!
#186 - Nov. 7, 2007, 4:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
huzzah! :)
#189 - Nov. 15, 2007, 5:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Can you specify exactly the problem you're seeing?
If you're talking about the sequence not automatically advancing when Auto-Shot fires, that's by design. You're supposed to click the button to advance the sequence.

Is there another issue I'm not aware of?
#200 - Nov. 15, 2007, 7:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

The other problem is that pre-patch, after I would Feign Death, I could pop right back up in the blink of an eye and start shooting again. After the patch it sometimes takes 2-3 seconds for me to pop up again and start shooting. Mine thinking that this is also related to the macro problem.

No, that was a bug fix. Feign Death restarts your ranged round time.
#216 - Nov. 16, 2007, 12:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
BTW, the bug with spells that require targeting (e.g. Blizzard) is fixed for 2.3.2.

We're still investigating the issue with Judgement. Any info is appreciated!
#226 - Nov. 16, 2007, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The bug with Whirlwind has been fixed for 2.3.2.

Funny story... when you cast Whirlwind, the server actually sends a message back to the client saying that it silently failed and casts another spell called Whirlwind on your behalf.

So, in 2.3.2 we're just advancing the sequence when we see a spell success with the name of the spell we're looking for. Hunters will be pleased, since this means their Steady Shot, Auto Shot macro will automatically advance again. :)
#229 - Nov. 16, 2007, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No, just any that are currently in progress, just like before.
#231 - Nov. 16, 2007, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
They're discarded. They only advance once you trigger them explicitly.
#248 - Dec. 19, 2007, 5:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Taken from: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2968113288&sid=1

I can confirm his statement that you can easily recreate this problem using his example.

Is this still active on the 2.3.2 test realm?
#250 - Dec. 21, 2007, 5:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As far as I know, it's fixed in 2.3.2.