Show Enemy Castbar - Nameplate

#0 - Oct. 30, 2007, 6:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am having a graphic error all of the sudden with the enemy cast bar on the name plate. I have disabled ALL 3rd party addons. And still the problem persists. Basically when the target is casting it shows the bar but the casting bar does not move or moves slowly or moves on its own accord at half the speed of the spell being casted. I have ran repair.exe and does nothing. Any ideas? =)
#2 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Theavos,

Please close down WoW and remove the WTF, Interface and Cache folders from the World of Warcraft game directory. These folders contain temporary data and frequently altered files that may have become corrupted. This will also remove any custom UI's that may contribute to the problem as well.

If you are using Windows Vista you may need to remove the WTF, Cache and Interface folders from this directory as well. Vista saves user settings like this in a few places.
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft

You can move these folders to the desktop or another directory if you wish to retain the data, however for now please start WoW without those folders present. Also do not use any third party programs to start WoW; often some custom UI's will place a shortcut for you to start WoW from, please use the (Launcher.exe) in the World of Warcraft directory.