Regarding Two BC Maps in the Atlas Addon

#0 - Oct. 11, 2006, 5:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To whom it may concern,

My name is Dan Gilbert and I'm the author of Atlas. In case you're unfamiliar with Atlas, it's an addon that provides a collection of maps for each of the instanced areas of World of Warcraft. A few days ago I released an updated version (1.8.2) of the addon. The new version contained additional maps for two wings of the Hellfire Citadel (to be specific, The Shattered Halls and The Blood Furnaces). These maps were submitted to me via email by another WoW player, and I honestly didn't think twice before including them in the addon.

However, over the past few days it has been brought to my attention that the availability of these maps may run contrary to the wishes of Blizzard Entertainment. So, to clarify matters I'm creating this post in the hopes that I can get an official word on this. If you (Blizzard) don't mind the presence of these maps, I will inform the users of Atlas that there is nothing to worry about. However, if you want them gone, they'll be gone. I'll immediately remove the current version of Atlas from the web and replace it with a version that doesn't include these two maps.

In closing, I apologize in advance for any trouble or confusion this may have caused, or is yet to cause. I await your word, and if necessary will act upon it swiftly.

Sincerely,

Dan
#37 - Oct. 21, 2006, 5:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
maybe

Just kidding. As far as I know it should be okay. The NDA is lifted, and I haven't heard anything specific from the designers regarding your Atlas. If I do, I'll let you know...