Can you save settings for certain Resolutions

#0 - Oct. 13, 2008, 9:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heres my problem: i use a 22 inch widescreen monitor for WoW that i ran at 1600 x 1200. When i switch over to my new 34'' TV with an HDMI input, i have to reduce the resolution to prevent it from just plain looking bad (to 1360 x 768). The issue is all of my addons seem to auto adjust and everything gets out of whack (cast bar for example is in the middle during 1600x1200 but to the right in 1360x768). My question is: are you able to save settings for a certain resolution that i could change in and out when switching monitors? Thanks
#1 - Oct. 13, 2008, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Xemp,

There isn't an easy way to store multiple settings for your different configurations, but it is possible. Inside your WoW directory folder your Cache, Interface, and WTF settings are maintained for your setup. These files can be found by default at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft. My suggestion for creating multiple settings for these files would be the following:

1. Open the WoW directory folder on your 22" monitor with the settings you prefer.
2. Rename the Cache, Interface and WTF folders with "22" after them (i.e. Cache22, Interface22, WTF22). This will be your settings for the game on your 22" monitor.
3. Open the game again and log into the game world. This will recreate fresh default version of the same three folders.
4. Configure the game settings as you prefer them from the new folders, then save and exit. You will notice you now have new Cache, Interface, and WTF folders, which will currently be the ones used by your system. Rename these folders with 34 on the end (i.e Cache34, etc).
5. Each time you open WoW, depending on the monitor/screen you are using, you can remove the #s from the end, and the game will load with the settings you have already established.

The game only sees the standard named Cache, Interface and WTF folders. The #s are for your reference so you don't get the settings confused, and you simply delete the #s when you want to load each specific setting depending on the screen you will be playing from.
#3 - Oct. 13, 2008, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You are welcome. =) It may be easier to note that the WTF folder is really the only folder maintaining the graphical settings you establish (if that is all you're interested in). You can probably just keep the Cache and Interface folders as their standard names, and just keep renaming the WTF folder as needed.