Question about PlayerModel:SetCreature()

#0 - Oct. 15, 2008, 12:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was playing around with an addon I'm writing, and I was wanting to create a PlayerModel for companions and mounts I don't own. So I got the creatureID from the mounts/companions I do know, and hardcoded them. The ID appeared to just be the npc number from sites like wowhead.com, so I tried adding a few others that I didn't know. Some of these worked, but most didn't (the player model wouldn't show anything).

Does SetCreature() only use models out of your local cache? For instance, it used to be true that you couldn't get info about an item if you hadn't seen it before (not sure if that is still true). So I wondered if perhaps the same was happening here.

Or perhaps I don't have the correct creature IDs. If this is the case, is there somewhere that I can get the correct creature ID for all the mounts and companions?
#2 - Oct. 15, 2008, 11:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Does SetCreature() only use models out of your local cache? For instance, it used to be true that you couldn't get info about an item if you hadn't seen it before (not sure if that is still true). So I wondered if perhaps the same was happening here.

Yep.