Addons in Vista, lua saved variables

#0 - March 14, 2007, 10:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yesterday I decided to reset my interface and I did as I have always done in the past. I deleted the info inside my WTF folder.

When I logged back in, I discovered that all my addons settings were still present. After doing some searching I noticed that .lua saved variable files where in the virtual store in the user app data section in Vista. When I deleted those files, I had loading issues with WoW on Vista. After I restored the files, everything was back to normal. That is, all my old interface options where there.

I then tried the repair utility to reset my addons and that didnt work. Btw I had issues running this as administrator on Vista with UAC turned off.

First question am I right to assume that the data in Virtual store on vista is the actual saved variables for my addons. If not, then where is this info located, right now I can tell you my WTF folder is empty, yet non of my mod settings have reset.

Is there something else I need to do, Any help is appreciated.
#2 - March 14, 2007, 10:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Luckyshot,

Yes, Vista will attempt to store all of those files in the VirtualStore folder as long as the game is in the Program Files folder. You can try moving the game folder out of there (maybe to your root C:\ drive) to have it work normally.
#3 - March 14, 2007, 10:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok. Who ninja-moved the thread? :)