How can we discuss new server demand?

#0 - Feb. 10, 2007, 1:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
From a blue:
" If you continue to post regarding new servers, you will be banned from the forums.

I'm sorry to have to come down so hard on you guys, but you know we consider this to be spamming. You know realms will come out when our numbers dictate they need to, and not before. Please refrain from making excess posts on this subject designed only to make more work for the forum moderation staff.

Thanks."

Ok, fine. I respect that. No more "we want a new server" threads.

My question is then, how should we make our desire for new servers known?

The problem with "realms will come out when our numbers dictate they need to" is that your numbers don't reflect the thousands of people who have stopped playing as much, or at all, because they don't want to waste time on an existing server knowing they have been waiting for the first post BC new servers to go live.

We have had threats of realm splits and a round of free transfers since launch, but wouldn't new servers also be an important element in relieving conjestion on existing realms? How could numbers warrant free transfer, but not trigger new servers?

This is not a flame thread. It's an honest request for guidance on this issue. Is there some way we can discuss the issue of how Blizzard guages demand for new servers and identify the current flaws in that system? If not through the forums, what can we do in our playing activity to make known the pent up demand for new servers? Are Realm Splits and free transfer realms meant as a replacement, in part or in whole, for the concept of fresh servers?
#3 - Feb. 10, 2007, 1:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Is there some way we can discuss the issue of how Blizzard guages demand for new servers

The false premise here is that this is the way we decide whether or not to open new servers. As I said in the post you quoted, new servers are released when our numbers show that they are necessary.

Do not post on the subject again. Consider this a personal warning.