I generally dislike you, Blizzard

#0 - Aug. 29, 2006, 3:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I used to seriously love the BGs.

Now I don't want to play at all.

We on new servers have no chance against uber geared and uber enchanted players from old servers.

We used to enjoy fighting with people from our realm, and against people from our realm.

All the honor farming lamers love this, I'm sure, but for those of us who enjoy competing against players of similar gear potential, similar enchant potential, and who enjoy competition more than beating down the hopeless for easy honor, the cross realm BGs have ruined PvP.

/golfclap
#10 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hate is kind of a strong word. I'm sorry you're not enjoying yourself now, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel. We are planning a matching system that will be implemented at the release of the expansion for the battlegrounds (not the arenas as someone had mentioned). The battleground matching system will be able to pair up teams with others of similar gear (among other factors).

The matching system really depends on the cross-realm battlegrounds to function, as without it there would not be a large enough pool of players to really be specific about matching them up. With the cross-realm battlegrounds implemented, and continuing to be refined, we will be able to implement the matching system which should go towards helping with the issue of lopsided teams. It's not going to ensure you always fight someone with the same gear as yourself, but it should help in making the battlegrounds a little more enjoyable.

As others have stated the cross-realm battlegrounds are a good thing. Your specific situation and outlook may be contrary to that statement, but the benefits they provide surely cannot be denied.
#24 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This sounds great, but please STOP MAKING THE BGS ENTIRELY LEVEL DEPENDANT! When the matching system evaluates someone, it should look at level and gear (including BANKED GEAR) and if a level 19 Rogue twink all decked out with crusader enchants and +100 health and agil to bracers, etc (equivalent to a level 20, 21, or 22 character) then it should throw them in the level 20-29 bracket where they belong.

How about just matching them up against other twinks, as the system will attempt to do? :)
#26 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You could wear the twill set into combat hahaha then switch gear .. OWNED

Give us some credit. ;)
#28 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I didn't really read it, but from what I skimmed through am I to understand you're implementing a system that, for example, would pair up players in tier 0 with other realms with tier 0 and players with tier 2 with other realms with tier 2?

Well gee, thanks. :P

It will take into account other factors, but yes, that's the general idea.
#32 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i love you drysc you're my favorite cm!

Are you sure you're a rogue?
#33 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I guess i stand corrected.

You were thinking of the new Arenas which will rank teams based on an ELO-like system.
#38 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So now if I work at getting good gear I will be punished. It has nothing to do with gear. You need to make it where if they have a certain level enchanting . They can have their own bg. Anything else will not fix the problem.

The matching system will take many factors into account. You're jumping on a hypothetical negative pretty quick there without all of the information. Just let the sugar plums dance for a bit. It's all good. We're all still waiting to see what exactly is under that tree.
#44 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yeah man, why jump on the hypothetical negative now, you can jump on the actual negative when it comes out. Sir, if i might pose a question, the cross server battlgrounds where made to alleviate long wait times for pops correct? Then why is it that you think that when you seperate us even further in the future into more specific, small groups that the que times wont go back up again?

The matching system will increase its range of search slowly over time so you don't sit there waiting for a perfect match. I can't say what it will do to queue times, but there are mechanisms planned to help ensure it doesn't become a stalemate where no one is playing.

Something I see quite a bit of is a view on a specific expansion feature, but based solely on what is in the game today. It's completely understandable; it's hard to focus on something without applying what you know to it. Just try to keep in mind that the game will be changing in more ways than one, all of which can affect any one feature.
#51 - Aug. 29, 2006, 5:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're currently investigating the possibility of implementing magical sparkle rainbow sprinkle ponies; however we are currently facing technical limitations which may require them to be implemented without sparkles. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
#83 - Feb. 18, 2007, 8:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
yeah, gear matching is doing wonders at the moment.

We announced that the matching system wasn't going to make the release of the expansion on the first of December.

Also that's a one day suspension for thread necromancy.