Whats up with [Post Edited By Mod]?

#0 - Aug. 28, 2006, 5:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just curious to why the mods are editing all the posts...

I never noticed this before. Is this a new feature with the enhanced forums? Did you guys use to edit posts before in super-secret stealth mode?

Do you do it now for giggles, to satisfy your urge to use your powers, or for just general all around good forum fun??
#6 - Aug. 28, 2006, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We now have the ability to edit topics and posts. This gives us the benefit of allowing threads and posts to live longer than they would have previously as well as the ability to reply to things that we might have had to pass up before due to their wording.

Rather than trashing a thread that goes nuts, we can nudge them back onto their proper course if we feel they might be worth keeping around. All in all, it's a good thing. ;)
#19 - Aug. 28, 2006, 5:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Report the thread and put in a request for a name change. If it's something the moderators feel is warranted, they'll take care of it.
#37 - Aug. 28, 2006, 9:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Give us no reason to edit and no editing shall be done. ;)

Please note I have put in a request to nerf tinfoil hats. *MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA* *cough*
#42 - Aug. 28, 2006, 9:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So why don't you put at the bottom of the post you edit the reason. Because I Would like to know why so many posts on the thread I mentioned above got edited.

*Note: I'm posting on my 60 now incase you think my Hunter is my forum troll, lol.

I generally try to. I would like it better if we could interject some color (which I may yet get at some point). It's still something to get used to on the new forums and of course find the best way of doing it. In some cases I'll have to be a bit vague about what was edited for obvious reasons. It would defeat the purpose of editing only to insinuate too much about what was edited. ;)