A letter to Blizzard from a grammar pedant.

#0 - April 10, 2007, 1:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Dear Blizzard,

It would be nice if you could employ several people who were proficient in English. It doesn't befit your company to look semi-illiterate. I had, in my inventory, a quest reward from the blood elf village in Hellfire Peninsula. It was called "Suntrider's Gauntlets". I am not aware of precisely what a "Sunt" is, nor why anyone would want to ride one. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Similarly, today, I picked up a "Mask of Pennance". Is this some kind of Penance performed in Pennsylvania? And why do quests, such as the one involving summoning the Hydra near Zoram'Gar outpost, persist in referring to my character as "$N"?

Furthermore, Mass Dispel has a glaring "Affect/Effect" mistake in its tool-tip. On this topic, I have noticed that your Community Managers are occasionally unable to discern the difference between them when they post. For the benefit of all of them, I would like to state that "affect" means to "influence", and "effect" means "to bring about". It's all about the image you present to the forum-goers, no?

-Much Love
A pedant.
#92 - April 10, 2007, 5:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Renaud,

You and I are cut from the same cloth. ;)

Please take the time to report such errors to the Game Master staff via an in-game ticket. We appreciate your concerns, and thank you for keeping such a good eye out to help.