Questions for Blizzard:

#1 - Nov. 5, 2007, 10:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
/signed

Seriously, this is LONG overdue. Your gonna loose ppl from either burn out or boredom. At least the latter leaves ppl wanting more.

#12 - Nov. 10, 2007, 1:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's actually something we've brought up again internally fairly recently, and we certainly don't discount that some players would like to play on a "classic realm". Which is one that doesn't advance into or beyond the pre-expansion World of Warcraft experience. We've had meetings where the classic realms could be a solution or point to another discussion, we've talked casually, and have had a few e-mail chains.

In the end there are too many reasons not to, some extremely large ones that would end in major pressure on the progressing game and those playing it (ie everyone not on a classic realm). While they're certainly hurdles that we may one day either find a good solution for or have a good reason to bite that bullet, at this time I'm going to have to give you the same tag line of "it's not something we're looking to pursue at this time".
#20 - Nov. 10, 2007, 1:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

a million "no"s wont shut this crowd up, you can stop wasting your time.

NEVAH!
#33 - Nov. 10, 2007, 1:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The problem with all this progress is the fact that too few people actually progress to the end game content you devote so much time to. Which leaves all the rest of us, most of us, in the game wanting more. The desire for classic wow is an example of this need for the rest of us to be engaged in the world of warcraft.

There's bigger reasons why it's not a good idea, but I'll play a little devil's advocate here for some of the minor issues.

"What's to say you would be able to progress to the end game at level 60 if you're not able to at 70?"
#50 - Nov. 10, 2007, 1:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Listen, man.

This is honestly an amazing idea, and you present everything well.

You have to realize Blizzard is done with impressing the playerbase. They have released the amazing version of wow (everything pre-bc), which the old devs put their heart and soul into, in order to establish a large group of players.

Now they have their money, and have turned their back on the playerbase. It is simple human nature. No one of these blues has any importance in the company at all, they have no say in what goes on. So making suggestions, and trying to get their attention drawn to those, means nothing.

I wish, just as much as you, that they would bring back the good times of wow, but they are simply done with us. They will continue to roll out new, badly thought out content until the game dies.

I'm sorry.

Heh, you just read a few exaggerated things some other people made up and are now presenting them as your own opinion, aren't you?

I can tell. You didn't even play the game pre-BC did you? I can tell.
#66 - Nov. 10, 2007, 1:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am not really interested in the end game content of either old wow or new wow for the same reasons. It is too hard for me physically and mentally to spend 4 or 5 nites a week in a hardcore raiding guild. I work nights and have never been able to make the commitment the raiding game requires.

I am intersted in the pvp aspects of the game. The devs make it too hard for the casual player to participate in the end game content which is born out by the low percentage of people that actually make it to the higher level dungeons.

Making it to Field Marshal was the best time I have ever had. I did it all myself and it was a struggle, but I felt I accomplished something in those days. I miss that feeling. I never feel that anymore.

Ok then, so you enjoyed the old honor grind.

World of Warcraft is a social game, that is it's intention even though there are the niches that allow very engaging solo-play at times. I don't think it's too much to ask that you find a friend, make a 2v2 arena team, and spend however much time you can playing and having fun.
#72 - Nov. 10, 2007, 1:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
"Hey a large number of players want a classic WoW server."

"cool, throw one up."

"cool."

That's pretty much reason enough for me to not to want to even attempt to justify it.

There's just a tiny bit more involved with dual-developing a game.
#82 - Nov. 10, 2007, 2:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You looked at the date of creation on this account and failed to realize one person can have more than one account, didn't you?

Heh, actually no, I didn't.

And my question still stands.
#95 - Nov. 10, 2007, 2:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Well, I can see right through you.. but yes, I did play a considerable amount pre-bc.

My account is [Removed], look it up mr. edgy.

2 months isn't considerable.

Q u o t e:
Not trying to be some "mega-cool" forum mod, and impress the regulars with neato comebacks.

No you're just regurgitating hyperbole you've read and are now passing it off as your own while you defame our developers, our employees, Blizzard, and the game of which forums you're posting it on.

Don't come back.
#206 - Nov. 10, 2007, 3:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Those "other points" never once came from my postings. I said the idea was good, got flamed by a cm, told him the truth, and got banned.

As a reminder, this is the truth you've so determinately defended since your posting privileges were removed:

Q u o t e:
Listen, man.

This is honestly an amazing idea, and you present everything well.

You have to realize Blizzard is done with impressing the playerbase. They have released the amazing version of wow (everything pre-bc), which the old devs put their heart and soul into, in order to establish a large group of players.

Now they have their money, and have turned their back on the playerbase. It is simple human nature. No one of these blues has any importance in the company at all, they have no say in what goes on. So making suggestions, and trying to get their attention drawn to those, means nothing.

I wish, just as much as you, that they would bring back the good times of wow, but they are simply done with us. They will continue to roll out new, badly thought out content until the game dies.

I'm sorry.

As I distinctly remember -- and fortunately, I need only read the first several pages of this thread to reinforce my memory -- you were asked to support your claims based on your experience and research. We know you cannot do this because you're spouting completely unfounded opinions as truth. That happens too often in the world, and has no place within a constructive conversation on this forum. You jumped in making baseless claims in an attempt to pander to anyone who might agree that the function of Blizzard Entertainment is an entirely cynical one.

If you're going to blatantly disregard the Code of Conduct and berate our staff with still no tangible reason provided, we do not need you posting on these forums anymore. This was Drysc's conclusion after speaking with you. Now that you're circumventing a forum ban just to make a scene, I've reached the same conclusion.

Don't come back to the forums please.
#213 - Nov. 10, 2007, 3:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Will you have my babies?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

/taze