About the personal rating wipe.

#0 - Jan. 28, 2010, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I quote: "When Arena Season 8 begins, all team ratings, personal rating, and arena points will be wiped, but matchmaking rating and honor points will remain. "

First of all, good job on reimbursing our arena points, really that was a good thing to do and I am happy with that.
Only thing that really bothers me now is that I had the rating and personal rating to buy either the shoulders or the T2 fast off-hand but yet I can't buy them since they got reset aswell.
You did NOT state that you would wipe our personal rating and teamrating BEFORE the new season, yet it did happen and I am very unsatisfied about this. It makes the point reimbursement kinda useless for people that wanted to buy an actual item instead of the commendations.

I was wondering if the personal rating and teamratings are going to be reverted aswell and if so when will this happen?

Greetings,

Vinna
#13 - Jan. 30, 2010, 6:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I was wondering if the personal rating and teamratings are going to be reverted aswell and if so when will this happen?

We had originally intended on giving players the week between January 20th and 27th to spend their excess arena points, before wiping them along with the ratings. Due to the delayed season start, Arena points were restored on all eligible players, giving players the opportunity to convert any unused Arena points to Honor Points in preparation for the new season. We intend to fully wipe all unspent Arena points again upon the release of the new season.

We understand how a wipe of both arena points and ratings followed by a restoration of only arena points could cause some confusion, and wanted to clarify our intentions. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.