2.2 Tomorrow? Yes or No

#0 - Sept. 17, 2007, 10:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
CMs, could you check with the developers and see if this patch will be pushed tomorrow? A simple yes or no here would be awesome.

Thanks!
#29 - Sept. 17, 2007, 10:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not tomorrow.
#248 - Sept. 18, 2007, 3:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I have a Soundblaster Audigy 4 (which works fine with EVERY SINGLE GAME IN EXISTENCE), but seems to suck badly in WoW... Way back when they released the Talent Patch before TBC is when I noticed that buff sounds were ear piercing loud and when in a group that has more then 3 people in it, combat sound effects coming from your toon disappear. (not just me, atleast 12 other guild members with various computer configurations have reported the same issues with the ingame sound)

So to put it mildly... they better be making a damn big upgrade to the sound system, because something is badly broken in the code. I just leave my sound off all the time, which is stupid. Why put any sound in the game to begin with then?

And VoiP ingame? What a joke. Seems to me that the people I play with are interested to see how good it will actually be, but couldn't give a crap about actually using it. We already use Ventrilo, which is clean sounding and highly customizable. And VoiP in a Pug? Forget it... if the person isn't from a reputable guild, I won't even accept Vent info from them. This is one feature I sure as hell will not be using. EVER.

And... FIX MY SHOULDERS

Orc shoulders are fixed in 2.2.0. Recommend you try the PTR build now available (7272) to verify on your system.

Same goes for the new audio code, the best way for you to help us move it along faster is to try it. Thousands of other players have done so and their reports have been invaluable in finding subtle bugs.