Account Administration Team Phone Number

#0 - Nov. 15, 2006, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I demand blizzard provides us a way to contact the Account Administration Team via phone. It is ridiculous that blizzard is allowed to ban accounts without communicating directly with you (giving a blanket response of 3rd party programs is not enough) and with no way you can communicate back. Giving us an email address which takes months to get a response from is UNACCEPTABLE. Not only does it take months to get a response the majority of the responses are "we cant help you". This is HORRID customer service.

I am a paying customer and I DEMAND that I should be able to talk with someone over the phone about something as serious as having my money STOLEN from me.

If anyone feels the same way please /sign this post.

A side note: None of my accounts have ever been banned. But im sick of reading all the banned posts from hundreds of people who are unsatisfied with the customer service being provided. See the europe forums right now, hundreds of posts from people who have been banned with no reason what so ever and no way to deal with it.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/board.html?forumId=18535&sid=1

TO MODS: If you lock this thread YOU BETTER provide me a phone number to someone higher up I can voice this complaint to.

EDIT:

Another valid way to deal with this is ALWAYS warn people first. Give people a chance to respond. This would give people a chance to prove their innocence. It would also give a way for people who really are cheating to stop before they get banned.
#88 - Nov. 15, 2006, 6:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are unable to provide phone support for this issue. One main reason is due to the nature of requests and timelines in which these issues are resolved. If these matters could be resolved within a reasonable wait time, then phone support would be a viable option. However, investigation of these matters can take days, so it isn't feasible to have someone on hold while their issue is resolved.

I apologize if the method by which we must correspond with customers is not the most convenient, but currently it is the only reasonable method to process you request and is necessary, as it serves as documentation of the issue.

Calling our Billing Department will not get your situation resolved any faster. On the contrary, you are merely taking extra time by calling them. They are not able to assist you in this matter. Only Account Administration can provide resolution for matters of account closure from this.

The proper email address is inculded in the email sent.

wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com
#113 - Nov. 15, 2006, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

If Blizzard was ready to step up ban thousand's of people they should also be able to with stand the reprocussions of their actions. I'm in no way defending those people who used illegal 3rd party programs, but I know there have to be people who were banned who did nothing. How do you sort out those people what assurances does Blizzard have on who did cheat and who didnt? What about people who go to their friends house to play the game? Could that not look like account sharing? I just dont understand how this can be full proof.

In cases of a possible false positive, individual investigation is required. This only furthers the need for email correspondence. Seperate cases can be looked into in more detail. An email thread keeps all of the necessary information under one header, so that cases can be sorted and dealt with properly. There are several factors which, taken in full context, indicate whether players are or are not violating the ToS. Simply logging into a friend's computer is not nearly enough.
#395 - Nov. 21, 2007, 3:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just say "no" to thread necro-ing.