Profanity in Wow: WTF?

#0 - Dec. 12, 2007, 2:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Disclaimer: For all i know, this has been said 100 times already, and no one even cares.

But I've been banned for using profanity and I'm kind of not sure why. I uncheck my "profanity filter" because it doesn't bother me. If it bothers someone, they can check the profanity filter.

Now, I understand that "masked profanity" is where you use characters or other text manipulation to get past the filter. I'm not talking about that. I said words which would have CLEARLY been blocked by a profanity filter, and got banned for it.

Can someone help me to understand why? Why can't they simply say "Well if you dont like that language just check your profanity filter". If kids play this game, its because parents let them. If you dont want to hear my foul mouth, i do not understand why they've given you a way to block it, yet you can just uncheck it, and go willie-nilly reporting people.

Anyway, I rarely see things like this responded-to in a positive way, but i'm honestly feeling there is a disconnect in this process. Rather than say "you cant say these bad words", why doesn't blizzard just AUTOMATICALLY block them or something? Why give us an opportunity to "get in trouble"

Signed,
Pottymouth
#124 - Dec. 12, 2007, 7:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread is over.