CM's go to bed = Forum Monsters emerge

#0 - Jan. 25, 2008, 10:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seriously guy's I know that it's incredibly inconvenient and expensive to hire a person to moderate the forums on a 24 hour basis 7 days a week 365 days a year 366 for leaps. Perhaps someone in HRM could be begged to find the funding what with the company being squeezed for every penny as is.

We are getting bombaded on a nightly basis with racist - p*rnographic - p*dophilliac - keylogging - abusive posts throughout the night. Often by the same people but the fact remains that every night they return and fill the forums with filth beyond measure. It is getting to the point where I question the need to check the forums over the need to not feel let down by humanity again.

I am not sure if this has been responded to and I don't feel it is poor reflection on your part for the hard work you do during your waking hours but honestly I am seeing a few people getting to the end of their tether as well.

Please if unable to respond to this in the forums I would like to be acknowledged the matter is being looked into by email to my account default mail. Again thank you moderators for your hard work.
#3 - Jan. 25, 2008, 10:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The moderation staff is around 7 days a week, most hours of each day. With that being said, inappropriate posts worthy of deletion do still emerge at a constant rate. We are continuing to evolve as a team, working to ensure we provide the most comprehensive moderation coverage possible, all the while encouraging players to continue constructive discussions pertaining to the World of Warcraft and the community shaping it.

We do greatly appreciate players who take the time to identify posts which are blatantly a disruption to the forums via the Biohazard symbol, and only ask that you continue to use this system to help focus our attentions toward those posts created clearly in violation of the Code of Conduct we may not have otherwise seen. It is true that some players become unruly when they feel there is no moderation presence; however, the "report post" feature does not provide anyone with the luxury of simply slipping through the cracks during off-peak hours.

Your concerns are appreciated, Voices. We will continue the process of shaping the moderation duties and utilities in order to keep all of our forums sufficiently moderated at all times. : )

Q u o t e:
For starters, I would implement a reign of terror where I banned people from the forums for no reason.

Position's filled.

/ban

=p