Blue: Tauren Weapons

#0 - March 31, 2008, 8:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Dead horse etc etc.

Can we get a blue response on this? I don't know ANYONE who is happy with this change. Any comments on this being reverted in a future patch?

You guys need to learn that people get very upset when you change something about their character.

Thanks for your time.
#8 - March 31, 2008, 9:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There were changes made to the Tauren weapons, while sheathed, to address issues where weapons would clip through the ground or the player model itself. The item size is reduced while sheathed so that they aren't dragging through the ground, etc.

My own personal opinion is also so that the weapons in Lich King can be longer and/or more complex, but I wouldn't take that as an official reason.

There is an issue though where the main hand will appear smaller than the off-hand while sheathed, which I would guess probably isn't intended.

We're of course very aware that the visual representation of a player's character is extremely important, and we attempt to make changes to it as infrequently as possible.
#31 - March 31, 2008, 9:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So it's bad if Tauren weapons are too big and clip/drag the ground but it's ok that Human weapons are LARGER than Tauren weapons used to be and clip/drag more than Tauren weapons ever did?

I think the female human sheathed size change is a bug, but I'm not positive on that yet.
#37 - March 31, 2008, 9:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are you guys gonna revert the change or not?

As the change was made to fulfill an artistic desire to reduce the amount of clipping the weapons exhibited while sheathed we have no plans to revert the change at this time.