Griefing... I just don't get it.

#0 - April 16, 2008, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have lived my entire wow life on pvp servers, I enjoy the rush and challenge of suddenly being attacked while out questing, of having your own little mini war with someone over an area. Things like this make pvp servers fun to play on. I played back in the day of the TM/SS wars and the big fights that would break out at the entrance to MC.

What I don't understand is a level 70 going out its way to kill and camp a lowbie multiple times and corpse camp them, doubly so if that lowbie as done nothing to agitate said level 70.

What is the point? There is no test of skill no challenge to speak of. You get no honor for the kill, is it some sort of perverted satisfaction that you are able to annoy a person by stopping them playing the game?
I understand getting rolled over by high levels, I live by the saying "if its red its dead", but seriously kill me and move on don't be a complete idiot and corpse camp me, are you trying to ruin my gaming experinece just so you can feel a little better about yourself?

Anyway /rant off :P
#140 - April 16, 2008, 7:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There is no test of skill no challenge to speak of.

I think that's your answer, really.

If you want to get into the hows and whys of the player and why they would find such gameplay fun or rewarding... then you're getting into some moderate psychological diagnosis. Personally I don't think it's fair, or even important to try to place some sort of marker or label on someone as to why they're doing it. They just are, it's enjoyable to them for whatever reason. Adapt.
#347 - April 16, 2008, 11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Aw, I'm sorry. Show me on your mini-map where the mean old ganker hurt you.

There's a PvP resolution to being camped, get some friends, use the chat channels to ask for help, or find a higher level character nearby to beg for assistance. It really isn't the job of support or design to hold your hand all the time though, which happens quite a lot I think you'll agree, but you've created a character on a realm that is based around being able to kill other players. It isn't always going to be fair, and in fact the rules of war are based around attacking when the odds are in your favor. Now how that applies to an online game is obviously not quite as clear, but the fact remains that while it may not be honorable to attack a weaker target, it's certainly easier.

Take from that what you will.

If you have any specific questions about what is or is not allowed while engaging in PvP I would recommend hitting up the Customer Service forum as they're more versed in the policies than I.
#434 - April 17, 2008, 12:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Damn you! /shakefist

These forums do have a quote feature...