Why Post at all???

#0 - April 17, 2007, 5:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My question is, how does blizzard decide what to comment on and what not to comment on? They reply to the most ueless posts ever. Why not respond to a post that actually makes a pt or brings up a strong and valid concern. I just started reading these msg boards and I find it comical. Why post at all if your going to add nothing informative....only means you made the thread 12 pages long instantly. K done with the rant. Flame away if you find it necessary...
#29 - April 17, 2007, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

your right on the majority of ppl not reading these things but since it is a business and we are the customers you would think that they may take a little time ouf of the day and give reasons as to why they do x or y. Im not saying respond to every valid concern but whats the point of closing your eyes and throwing a dart....hmmmm the "are we there yet?" that is the winner. Guess customer satisfaction isnt on their mission statement.

The "Are we there, yet?" post merely signified that the realms were coming back up, which I assumed was the general intent of the question posed.

What sort of customer satisfaction are you seeking and are you sure the forums are the proper place to provide it? We exchange information when we have it, encourage discussion when we can and do our best to have a good time, as this is an entertainment company.
Any notion of "fixing classes" or "implementing suggestions" is probably not going to elicit the response you expect, as this is not a one-to-one exchange. Forum feedback is one aspect of the whole pool of information and opinion we take into consideration to mold the game for the future.

If you are looking for measurable cause and effect from your ideas through this forum, you might cause yourself additional and unnecessary frustration, because you are competing with everyone else's desire to be acknowledged directly.
#38 - April 17, 2007, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I believe the feedback they seek comes more in the form of discussions between players, rather than HERE ARE IDEAS MAKE THEM HAPPEN posts.

Indeed. The "HERE ARE IDEAS..." threads may end up in quantity on the General forum, but they really should be on the suggestion forum. As such, we don't reply to them due to legal considerations.

edit - The line between, "here is my feedback on what is actually happening in game" and "here is what I want to see in game" is very thin and brief, but it can determine whether a post might receive a response or not.
#52 - April 17, 2007, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So since your company is an entertainment company it is okay to not take things seriously when intelligent points are being posted. Yes we pay you for entertainment, thats what the game play is for, why do we want to be entertained like little kids on the forums when we bring up valid and well thought out points? Don't you think people would appreciate when you at least acknowledge a point they made is "being looked into"?

This is not an all-or-nothing scenario. Your post insinuates that we never make serous posts to serious issues, which is incorrect.

There have been a number of times that simple replies, such as the one you mention, are given and people merely respond with, "Is that all you're going to say?"

If we're being too silly, we hear about it. If we're being serious, we aren't being serious enough or being in-depth enough or providing what said person wants to hear.

My point was, simply, if you remove unnecessary emotion from the equation, you'll find this place a lot less frustrating. There are many people here who post angry and then are suprised when the world doesn't respond to their exact wishes.
#62 - April 17, 2007, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm curious what you mean by legal considerations? Anyone have any idea?

It is stated in the sticky on the suggestion forum and detailed elsewhere on the website. Direct acknowledgement of suggestions opens up opportunity for legal action, as people may attemtpt to claim ownership of a particular idea.
#64 - April 17, 2007, 7:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
That is garbage

Except it isn't, because it has happened before.
#91 - April 17, 2007, 7:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I could be wrong Tseric but I believe that the garbage comment meant that your use of legality to discredit an open dialog with players is garbage.

Then explain to me how "HERE IS MY IDEA. PUT IT IN THE GAME" is going to generate more discussion than, "Hey, this ability seems to work less effectively than other abilities that are similar to it"?

Suggestions are limited in response that can be given, because it is more often than not taken as a promise. Even things phrased so as not to seem like a promise have been taken as promises.

There is no real discussion to come out of "I want this idea in game. Check yes or no."
#96 - April 17, 2007, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So there's no feedback because you're afraid you'll get sued? Couldn't you put a line in the ToS that circumvents this and would allow players to "give away" suggestions on a forum that is actually used?

They give them away on the suggestion forum. You are asking for something that is already there. What you are also asking for is acknowledgement of your suggestion. We acknowledge feedback. We do not acknowledge suggestions.
#170 - April 17, 2007, 8:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

so tser, if this is the case then why did the CMs post those threads in the class forums soliciting feedback? Are they just a hoax?

Soliciting feedback is not the same as soliciting suggestions. This is the number one confusion that causes people such angst.