Remember when the forums were quiet?

Forum Avatar
#0 - May 1, 2008, midnight
Blizzard Post
I remember when s1 first came out people didnt QQ that much on the forums. When s2 came out and a tons of changes and nerfs, the QQin went up considerably. When s3 came out the QQin went crazy and now with the announcment of s4.......
Do the Devs/CMs see this? What im tryin to say is that nowadays almost all the threads are on arena being horrible or some lone guy sayin that arena rocks and everybody flaming him.

Just sayin that tons of people are complaining about arena (go to trade chat and yell "Doesn't arena suck?").

And im sorry i have to say this to a CM but no Drysc... The arena is not competative or fun and WoW IS starting to only focus on arena. Go make a poll if you dont believe

I dont care about my gear/arena rating/teams/anything so dont bother me about it.
#11 - May 1, 2008, 12:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
No, I don't.

I think the focus definitely shifts from topic to topic though, and one of the hot topics right now is that Arena's are the sole focus for World of Warcraft, which simply isn't true. A lot of players are very serious about it though, which is good, it's a focused and competitive system so it is a bit more serious.

Not too long ago you may remember a new island opening up though, a new continent and land mass was actually added to the game, with new quests, including a fairly involved unlocking system to help take back the island and its resources, a bunch of new items, a new 25 person dungeon, a new 5 person dungeon, new bosses all around, new music, new art, new animations etc. all in the service of PvE content.

On the arena front there's been... well I think Tom and Jeff had interviews somewhat recently, Season 4 is going to have rating requirements on more items which hasn't started yet, and... yeah that's about it I think.

The truth is that anyone saying "arenas suck!" doesn't actually think they suck, they're either just trolling, or they have a specific and related issue/problem. I think we're able to break those reasons out though, filter everything down and get to what the issues actually are, see what may need to change or be fixed, and get down to it. If they're not the right kind of PvP for you, fine, hopefully we can address that by giving you more PvP in other places, if you don't like PvP at all and are afraid they're taking time away from the content you do enjoy - don't worry, they aren't, if you want to like the arenas but feel there are inherent issues with them, we hope to address those as well.

We are, and always will be, committed to providing a diverse and well rounded game. Hopefully sooner rather than later you'll all start seeing some information about where the game is going, where your favorite classes are going, and alleviate a lot of these concerns.

And yes, I know, some of you just want me to shut up until I have some of that new information to post instead of attempting to explain or placate in the meantime, but I can't help myself, I love the sound of my own keyboard...
#21 - May 1, 2008, 12:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I don't think they suck, but I do think they have thinned the playerbase for pve at a time when it didn't need it.

You mean people have left their raiding guilds to focus on arenas? Or? The time investment is fairly low, I don't think I know anyone at least that's done that, it's usually a before/after-raid activity for a lot of people.

Or do you mean it's taken people out of the game world? On that point I would disagree, we're at end-game now, everyone is 70 more or less, reasons to be out and about are lessened all around. If people aren't in an arena they would be in a battleground or a dungeon. I will agree that that's not necessarily a good thing, I think we do need to have people moving about and out in the wilderness as much as possible, but to put that blame on the arenas is flawed, in my opinion.
#88 - May 1, 2008, 1:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Too bad Bornakk already said you guys will NOT be addressing World pvp, because you WANT the attention put on your lolEsportlol.

Wha huh?
#94 - May 1, 2008, 1:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Good little Peon, just say what Tom and Jeff want you to say, good little Peon.

You have a nice three day vacation, then.

I post what I want to post. I say what I want to say. If you don't like it or don't want to be at least tolerable in your posts here then you can refrain from visiting or be forcibly removed.