Can you convince me to keep Alchemy?

#0 - April 30, 2008, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey everyone, I'm currently herb/alch, but I'm not seeing much of a reason to keep alchemy. The new upgraded trinkets don't appeal to me much, and short of them... there's really nothing that I wouldn't be able to get from some other alchemist. Can you guys give me any reason as to why alch would be worth keeping?

I ask because I want to level enchanting for the ring enchants. Thanks :)
#4 - April 30, 2008, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
... because you don't know what's coming for the profession in Lich King yet?

Probably not a very convincing reason at the moment. Personally I might level enchanting now before the expansion just because it's so expensive to do that you're going to still have time to make up your losses. Buuuuuuuuut... you may be kicking yourself after you see what Alchemy has going for it in the next expansion, or maybe enchanting will be more enticing for you, hard to say.

Hrm.... I would say at least wait until you know what's coming, but that's just me.
#77 - April 30, 2008, 8 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Today's worthless WoTLK blue post is brought to you by Drysc

Haha, my pleasure.

Well hey, the worth of any profession is up to each player. I'm not commenting on how good Alchemy is, or how good Enchanting is. Not going to, that's not my place to say how each person finds something useful or not. Just throwing in my own personal opinion that it may be worth it to wait and see. Take it or leave it... meany heads.