Please tell me this isn't true...

#0 - May 9, 2008, 10:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

* All 25 man raids in Wrath will also be available to complete with 10 players. This is so that more players will get to see end game content (Even the Arthas encounter will be available as a 10 man raid).

This is a joke right? This will be the end of large scale raids...no one will want to 25 man content that is 10 mannable...
#17 - May 9, 2008, 10:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hrm, how so?

The 25 person raids are still going to be difficult, require more planning and coordination simply due to the amount of people required, reward better items, be a greater status symbol, etc.

I mean, gear alone would be reason enough to continue doing them.

If your guild's only purpose is to experience the story, then yes, you'll be able to play the entire raid game in the 10 player size if you want to. Which isn't a bad thing, especially for those guilds that are of smaller size that aren't necessarily looking for the best of the best, but just want to see the story evolve with their group of guildies.

I don't think it's anywhere near the death of large scale raids, but instead an extremely bright future for the smaller guilds that want to stay small but are still dedicated to progressing.

The larger raid guilds are still going to be going after the larger 25 person size, and substituting with the 10 person on the off-days like they do with Zul'Aman or heroic MrT, etc. like they do now.
#30 - May 9, 2008, 10:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thats the equivilent of using the win cheatcodes in starcraft or warcraft, just to see the cutscenes to find out the story. Why don't you just go pick up Halo 3, find the godmode cheatcode, and just blast your way through everything so you can learn the story?

Heh, it seems you're assuming it's going to be super easy. It's still going to be very challenging. Very, very challenging. You're not going to be able to be a guild that can flop through Kara and expect to have the skill, communication, and coordination to take down Arthas.

Besides, I don't see it as bad design or unfavorable to our players to allow as many people as possible to experience the story, experience the world, and feel like they have a hand in changing it. Don't be selfish.
#35 - May 9, 2008, 10:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You're up late.

I think the bigger question though is how much better the 25-man loot will be.

Something like a full tier for each dungeon between the 10 and 25, but that was just mutterings a long time ago, probably not anywhere near a final decision.
#48 - May 9, 2008, 10:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Side note, I would find it comical if Drysc was still attempting to limit himself to Haiku during this flood of info.

I don't think I could count syllables right now if I tried.
#98 - May 9, 2008, 10:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

A curious question is.
Will 10 man clearing guilds be able to do all the 10 man content, or will you need 25 man gear to do all the 10 man content.

It is its own progression line. The end game 10 person dungeon will lead to the next 10 person dungeon in difficulty* and gear progression. You won't need to do the 25 person content, and by the same token you won't be able to hit 80 and jump to the final 10 person dungeon without gearing up first.

*Pending proper tuning of course.