PVP is boring

#0 - June 17, 2008, 12:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't see how you PVPers find PVP fun. All you can do is grind the same repetitive BGs over and over again and repeat the same arenas.

With PVE there are always new raids that you will be expanding into once you complete your current raids.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just want to know if you find this fun and how?
#15 - June 17, 2008, 1:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I still personally find PvP fun. Regardless of how many times I've entered each of the Battlegrounds, the human element in the competition feels unique every time. If I'm ever growing a little weary of the rather concrete strategies applied to various PvE instances or bosses, I'll jump into a Battleground. In any event, I've found that the techniques I use in PvP really help me to think on my feet in PvE.
#23 - June 17, 2008, 1:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wow, a new CM.

I was thinking we were due a new one. The others can only say "OH NO, -EVERY- time I go back in WSG/AV/Molten Core/BRD/(insert tired old game mechanic here), it's like the VERY FIRST TIME.

Then, when they can no longer regurgitated the same tired of stuff, they move on...to where?

Every time I go into WSG it definitely doesn't feel like the first time. I feel this is mostly due to the fact that I suck less now. ;)

Q u o t e:
PVP is fu
Can't do that while stunned.

I like to focus on the positive and read this message as:

"Can do that while not stunned."
#41 - June 17, 2008, 1:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Since I like the bgs better then arena. I feel I should not HAVE to arena to get the best pvp gear. I like mass pvp with objectives other then kill the other side. Nothing wrong with arena. Just not my taste.

I agree with you to a point. I've spent exponentially more time in Battlegrounds than Arena and tend to prefer objective-based PvP. I'm not necessarily with you on the gear concern though.

If I'm in full season 1 gear squaring off against someone in full season 3 gear, I'm not going to blame the gear gap on my loss. There are so many variables in PvP encounters that I'd tend not to assume it's the few extra stat points here and there adding up to conquer me.

If it's more just about having the newest, best PvP gear, I can understand the concern; though, at present time there are no plans of changing how new PvP gear is awarded.
#53 - June 17, 2008, 2:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Please tell me that your injection of personal opinion is not removing the feedback we players are giving. Many WoW players, myself included, are finding PVP to be intensely dull and repetitive -- and new options, multiple new options, need to be added in to stave off the boredom of doing the same mapset repetitively, especially when they're as shoddily designed as Warsong Gulch, Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin and Eye of the Storm.

More smaller, closer-quarters Battleground(s) would be well appreciated, so that it's more about team tactics rather than finding small tiny skirmishes with one or two people.. no, Arena's aren't included, because they're very exclusive.

In short: your opinion doesn't matter in this case, new CM. Players are getting mind-bogglingly tired of the current format of WoW PVP, and it needs fresh material, possibly more than is being planned for WotLK.

My opinion isn't diminishing the feedback players are providing with regards to the current state of Battlegrounds, Arenas and World PvP. Though while we're on the subject of my opinion, I don't remember so dutifully letting it be known that, not only am I perfectly pleased with Battlegrounds in their current state, but we should go out of our way to avoid improving or expanding upon them.
#55 - June 17, 2008, 2:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I still personally find PvP fun...

Q u o t e:
Well, there goes any pretenses of thinking you were going to be at least a little bit objective.

How objective can one be when initially qualifying a statement by noting it will be based on a personal preference?
#156 - June 17, 2008, 4:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Translation: When I'm stressed out I go kill people and I feel better.

I know this is what I do. ;) I enjoy PvP as a stress reliever, as a way of matching up against something other than AI, and getting that PvP rush.
#161 - June 17, 2008, 4:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

obviously your a lock.

Cuz getting feared constantly cc from 15k+hp to death is not fun

Actually, I'm not. CC is a part of the game and that includes fear, but there are ways to get out of it or survive it. It also helps to have a friend or two around to either help out or get revenge. Though I like getting revenge on my own.