T7/S4?

#0 - March 14, 2008, 1:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
WIll T7 model sets be released before WoTlK? and if so will there be a S4 counter part? And if there is a S4 counter part would this make S2 buyable with honor, and S3 require no rating? Or will they just have s4 with no new armor and weapons?
#2 - March 14, 2008, 1:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, edited for reduced crypticism.

Q u o t e:
WIll T7 model sets be released before WoTlK?

Yes (er, tier 6.5 or whatever you kids want to call it).
Q u o t e:
and if so will there be a S4 counter part?

Yes.
Q u o t e:
And if there is a S4 counter part would this make S2 buyable with honor,

Yes,
Q u o t e:
and S3 require no rating?

No. (it will)
Q u o t e:
Or will they just have s4 with no new armor and weapons?

No.

That was harder to do than it looked.
#11 - March 14, 2008, 1:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

shadowpriests are pissed man.

Yeah, well I seem to suffer from Foot in Mouth disease. It won't matter much once Wrath beta hits, I'll just look like a fool. I'm ok with that, and so is my shadow priest.
#30 - March 14, 2008, 1:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So S2 will NOT be purchasable for honor, come S4.

I said yes, it will be purchasable for honor. And Season 1 goes bye bye.

[reedited for reaffirmed correctness]
#44 - March 14, 2008, 2:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So tell me, then. If the season 3 shoulder still requre rating to get when season 4 hits. What's the point of getting the season 3 shoulders at all when the person who gets 2000 rating can just buy the season 4 shoulders?

Rating requirements for Season 3 stay, but will be lowered.
#50 - March 14, 2008, 3:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Yo Drysc, why can't S1 and S2 both be available? why does one have to replace the other?

Clarity of item purchases is a pretty big one I think, you wouldn't believe how many people buy the wrong thing already. Double the sets, and we have in-game support nightmares.

There's really no reason to keep both sets, being another reason, unless you're trying to complete a set for visual appeal. That's not a chief concern in regards to PvP set availability though, it is in general an area of the game where stats are the primary drive.