Enough with the smoke screens blizz.

#0 - June 24, 2008, 3:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok... so now that 'underdevelopment' hasn't had any details on what's coming up and an actual patch is even coming in tomorrow and we don't even have an idea on when WoTLK beta is coming out...

How about we start getting some dates on the expansion instead of consistently dragging us through the mud with 'ice lords' during the fire festival. How pathetically small sections of content 500+ million in revenue year generates?

Pretty tired of clicking transmute and gem cut buttons making gold i dont know if i'll ever use then doing a few bg's and logging.

#2 - June 24, 2008, 3:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We will certainly provide some more concrete dates for the release of upcoming content when we are ready. Patience is a virtue.
#17 - June 24, 2008, 3:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Before or after all your customers have left because they're tired of the total lack of responsiveness to customers?

Definitely after we are satisfied with the content and polish we've given Wrath of the Lich King.

It was less than a year ago when plans for the next expansion were announced. Back then the primary complaint was that it was too soon for another expansion. It's refreshing to see players are now anxiously awaiting Northrend.
#24 - June 24, 2008, 3:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

No you're right, when I pay for what is essentially bandwidth and customer service, I expect to be ignored. I mean, that's how all those webhosting companies made it so far!

If you want customer service for any billing, technical support, or in-game issues, we have departments willing and able to assist you. If you're asking us to cater to your opinions regarding game design -- or put out content as soon as you're good and ready -- we'll certainly consider your concerns.
#34 - June 24, 2008, 4:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yeah, but thats because normally there is content brought out with after the expantion.

I'm not knocking PvE they have added tons of stuff to PvE. Blizzard is going a good job with that. It's PvP thats a joke with content releases.

I mean they can't even give us PvP daily quest or something

We do have a lot of resources currently focused on creating some very refreshing PvP content for WotLK. We will feature a new Battleground in WotLK along with Lake Wintergrasp -- an expansive outdoor PvP zone -- siege weapons, and destructible buildings. It has always been our goal at Blizzard Entertainment to put out content when we're fully confident it will be enjoyable and refreshing.

We feel that whipping a Battleground together to appease a small percentage of the playerbase prior to the release of the expansion is ultimately a bad idea.
#40 - June 24, 2008, 4:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

SMALL PERCENTAGE?! IS THIS A JOKE!?

I doubt a quickly-thrown-together Battleground just so we can say, "here, you have five now," is going to please the majority of the playerbase; and even if it did, it's not our style.
#49 - June 24, 2008, 4:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Adding battlegrounds will increase queue times. Are there measures being developed to help with that problem?

We will monitor the queue system to ensure it is as intuitive and convenient for players as possible. I do not have any information at this time regarding whether or not the system will undergo any changes when WotLK ships.
#55 - June 24, 2008, 4:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

not to sound rude or offensive or anything, but i personally think theres more then a small percentage of the playerbase that wants new battlegrounds. Furthermore, how would you even determine if the playerbase that wanted new battlegrounds was small? I certainly hope you're not basing this off the forms because most players don't visit them. I'm certain that if there was an ingame poll asking if people wanted a new battleground , a large population of current wowgamers would vote yes.

For the record, I would be a "yes" vote. I've long been a committed fan of the Battlegrounds since before the Burning Crusade. I'm willing to wait for quality though; and I can assure you it would be sacrificed to get something out in the short-term while expansion content remains in development.
#83 - June 24, 2008, 4:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
While you are right... we all know what happened last time we "waited for quality". After being stuck in only three battlegrounds to choose from PreBC (one of which was actually fun before it got hit with the nerfbag, Alterac Valley). BC comes out... and we are greeted with this pathetic excuse for a BG called EotS. If it weren't for the requirements of EotS badges for certain items nobody would ever do that battleground.

So I guess you wouldn't prefer to hear me say that I love Eye of the Storm? Don't worry, I don't have a hand in programming PvP content.
#94 - June 24, 2008, 4:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That doesn't mean that it can't and shouldn't be said again. Yes, I actually do read the forums quite regularly and see many CM posts that are informative and some that are just for fun. Those are fine, but patronizing or mocking (yes, I consider it mocking) a poster accomplishes nothing. Just my opinion, I'm only one in ten million...

You can read whatever tone you want in my words. Since it's just text, there's no amount of clarifying I can do if you think I'm being facetious or disingenuous.
#109 - June 24, 2008, 4:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you see your customers are getting pissed off because of what you're doing, how about fixing the problem?

I don't think this would be quite the game most players enjoy if our business model was based around the notion of fixing every player-reported "problem" provided us on the forums.
#197 - June 24, 2008, 5:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You would be would complain as well. if you only had 4 instances in the whole game.

Asking for 5 is not being overly greedy

A fifth is coming. Asking for it now will not change things.
#234 - June 24, 2008, 6:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your guys stated that they would push for yearly expansion (this was around the time when they announced the release date of TBC, by the way...).

Blizzard will always put the quality of its games first; and if this means taking extra time to ensure that our new content is polished and thoroughly enjoyable, then we will do so.

Q u o t e:
Hardly "less than a year" ago.

When I said less than a year ago, I was referring to the fact that Wrath of the Lich King was announced at Blizzcon last year, as was iterated in the rest of the sentence to which you're referring. So what I meant by that precisely was: less than a year ago.
#373 - June 27, 2008, 6:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
U stated : "We feel that whipping a Battleground together to appease a small percentage of the playerbase prior to the release of the expansion is ultimately a bad idea."

I agree with your statement and i rather wait for good content then to get quick bad content. However i was displeased with the excuse of "pleasing a small percentage" of the wow population. U not only mentioned it in that post but again in the follow up replies.

I made this statement to argue that trying to throw out a Battleground while deep into the development of Wrath of the Lich King would likely please only a small percentage of the playerbase. I do not think that only a small percentage of the playerbase would be pleased to see a new Battleground, if that is what it seems my statement implied.

My phrasing probably could've been better. Live and learn, I guess. ;)