Seriously concerned with Lake Wintergrasp

#0 - July 1, 2008, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It sounds like a lot of fun, and it sounds like a lot of work went into it. But, what are the timers going to be like after the towers are capped? My concern is that there will be too much time between attack/defend times to allow Lake Wintergrasp to be utilized to its full potential. This is an opportune time to add a serious fun injection to World PvP no matter which kind of server it is, PvE/PvP.

The Blue sources I read said that who ever takes the towers will have them for a few hours and another source I read stated, the goal for instances for WotLK shouldn't take more than one hour to complete.

Is the timer for Lake Wintergrasp going to be 6 hours like the Spirit towers in Terrokar before another go around? It sounds like the timer shouldn't last more than 2 hours max.

What if during this attack and defend you can gather tokens like Halaa that can be use to purchase Spirit Shards, or maybe even free respec tokens?

Is Lake Wintergrasp going to provide a server wide buff for which ever faction owns it during that time?

Don't go to all this work for Lake Wintergrasp to have it ruined by lengthy timers, that a player may or may not be online for.
#11 - July 1, 2008, 11:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There is still much testing to be done in this regard, Dominus. While we're not ready to delve into the more specific details about objectives and time lines for succeeding in Lake Wintergrasp, I can assure you this ambitious new world PvP zone has been given some serious thought and will undergo considerable testing to ensure it's not only successful, but enjoyable.

For me, this new zone is probably the single-most exciting project with regards to Wrath of the Lich King content. :)
#53 - July 2, 2008, 3:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

also, where have all the CMs gone the last few days? looks like Mr. Cackling Skull has been holding down the fort single-handedly.

I was in Paris for the Worldwide Invitational, but it seems my counterparts have been holding the fort pretty well. ;)

Speaking of forts, I too am looking forward to what comes of Lake Wintergrasp. Testing will definitely occur on this area and hopefully those testing will take the time to be thorough in their feedback so that we can make this area the most fun it can be. I'm looking forward to using a little anti-air power myself.