Old Raid Instances

#0 - July 10, 2008, 2:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I know this has been asked before, yet I can't remember what some of the answers were, and if a Moderator ever answered or not. Many of the old instances are still accessible, such as AQ, MC, BWL etc.. yet its hard to find a group of people who are actually willing to go and run that.

I am aware that Naxx will be in WotLK, however I was wondering if there would ever be plans to create more of a purpose for running the instances for those who haven't experienced them? I know some of you will say, "there is a purpose if you make one - to experience it", and yes you are right, but not many people like to raid an instance for that reason alone (or at least it seems since I could never find a group for them) so thats why I'm wondering there was ever an answer regarding this.

In before "dead horse" etc.
#4 - July 10, 2008, 2:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's never out of the question for us to create new purpose for players to revisit old content, nor is it beyond reason that we might revamp existing content. Such decisions could be made if we feel that re-attuning or revisiting older content fits with the direction that the game is heading at the time.

Naxxramas not only plays a key role in the lore tied to Wrath of the Lich King, it's also a raid dungeon we're very proud of and feel didn't get the proper attention and experience it deserved when released. It required a great deal of guild commitment in a very short time span before Burning Crusade launched. Now we are confident a large majority of the player base will have the chance to venture through Naxxramas.

As an aside for those that enjoy the original Stratholme dungeon in the World of Warcraft, or "The Culling" mission in Warcraft III, we think you'll really enjoy the new Caverns of Time dungeon in the next expansion. ;)

At this time though we have not released any additional plans to provide a greater reason for players to visit some of the older dungeons. We are nostalgic about many of our old instances, but sometimes it's best to continue evolving and producing new content for players to enjoy.
#20 - July 10, 2008, 2:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Naxxx needs to be returned to for sure for the reasons you stated above. I'm just glad the game is returning to the plague type instances with undead etc. Strat, Scholo, Naxxx, the Naxxx invasion, plaguelands, etc is the best content in WoW imo.

I'm inclined to agree. :)