So Bliz... Why should I stay around?

#0 - July 10, 2008, 12:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why again should I hang around for the next 5 or so months with no content patches? No more content until WotLK?? Please tell me y'all are joking (but I know y'all aren't, sadly)...
#26 - July 10, 2008, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Why again should I hang around for the next 5 or so months with no content patches? No more content until WotLK?? Please tell me y'all are joking (but I know y'all aren't, sadly)...

What is entertaining and enjoyable in a video game can be different from person to person. I do not think we are in a position to answer your question. You must come up with that answer on your own. We certainly do hope you still find enjoyment playing the World of Warcraft -- and we do feel strongly the best is yet to come for this game -- but we are not able to tell you why you should login tomorrow.

I don't really feel a need to sell you on the future of the game either. If you have had good times in the World of Warcraft, I think Wrath of the Lich King will sell itself.

So why should you hang around? Is there anything else you'd like to accomplish in the game before setting foot on Northrend?
#58 - July 10, 2008, 2 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

As a Paladin? He should be re-rolling so he'll be ready for the expansion. Unless he plans on going Death Knight. Then he should just shelve his Pally, log out, and enjoy the weather.

That's a bit dramatic. You're entitled to act on your own feelings.
#83 - July 10, 2008, 2:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

No we can't.

He said the paladin is being over dramatic.

When clearly, he is not.

&I sumed up why in my earlyer post.

It was overly dramatic in the sense that he suggested any player who has a level 70 Paladin is much better off quitting or re-rolling. Of course we are aware of the frustrations presented on various class forums, but to suggest the entirety of the Paladin population are unhappy with their role in every single niche of game play is a bit dramatic.
#90 - July 10, 2008, 2:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

No, it actually isn't.

There was just a paladin protest on uther the other day.

Paladins are being pushed to their breaking point, and here you are telling us we're being dramatic.

We arn't.

Dramatic implys we are fine.
We are not fine. We are NOT being dramatic. It is an issue thats being ignored.

This isn't a discussion that's going to continue. You will continue to pull meaning out of my words that isn't there unless I happen across the correct combination of phrases that will satisfy you, which -- since you know there will be no major class changes until the expansion -- I won't.

Q u o t e:
zar: its like arguing with a 2 year old. its always gonna be how? how? how? over and over til u can run your breath out.

i canceled my subscription. no i havent completed all of the content available to me. i have seen bt/hj but not sunwell. but honestly my personal goal was to see mount hyjal since i loved that level in warcraft 3. im going to chill out for the rest of the summer, hang out at some lakes. i may or may not be back for the lich king expansion pack. im still undecided, and i guess i will see how i feel about committing myself to another few months of game play for another $50 + subscription fees.

Fair enough. Enjoy the lakes. :)
#97 - July 10, 2008, 2:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I don't think it's overly dramatic to say the Paladin community is very disappointed with recent changes, performance in 2v2 & 3v3, performance in ZA & SW and the fact that Blizzard put off WotLK Paladin Talents to last.

Maybe it's not, though I didn't accuse anyone who said anything of the sort of being dramatic either.
#104 - July 10, 2008, 3 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I fully understand that your hands are tied, in regard to what CM's can and cannot say, however what the emotional kids on here are looking for is a hug from Blizzard, in some form or another. And while we're ont he topic, can you reply to what I wrote before - re: Blizzards intention for was 1 expansion a year and that BC has ran well past that and we're still not at WotLK yet. There were a few blue posts at the time regarding this but none since...clarification?

Thanks.

The idea that we will release a product when we are fully confident it is ready will always trump an arbitrary goal to release x amount of games in y amount of time.