I took off my Legendary Mace to gain stats

#0 - May 6, 2009, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Clearly, the new Constellus mace has better stats than the Legendary Mace. With the socket you could get up to 624 spell power.

Why would there be an item currently in the game that has better stats almost accross the board than a legendary item? You would never see a rogue replace a warglaive with the Muramasa or the Blade of Savagery.

The warglaives were significantely higher in stats, baseline dps, and top end damage. Then, on top of that you have the equip bonus. Nothing else came close.

The Val'anyr isn't even the BiS item anymore. As long as we are level 80 we should never take off a legendary item under any circumstances.
It's what makes it legendary.

At least make the Val'anyr have the highest spell power in the game or put a socket or two in it.

Basically,

For physical dps classes the legendary item should have the highest baseline DPS available without a doubt.

For caster classes (healers or magic damage) the legendary item should have the highest baseline Spell Power available without a doubt.

This is not the case for the new Val'anyr legendary mace.

You might as well throw out a legendary Shirt of Uber and give the subpar healing effect of +15% shields. (yank yank) so we can equip a better healing mace. Thank you.

Edit:: Basically, im just complaining that there are other weapons with higher spell power. I know it's pretty amazing. And btw, I do have fragments for the mace.

And just to clarify... I was bored at work and was fishing for a response. Hints the eye catching title. =)
#6 - May 6, 2009, 9:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Clearly, the new Constellus mace has better stats than the Legendary Mace. With the socket you could get up to 624 spell power.

Why would there be an item currently in the game that has better stats almost accross the board than a legendary item? You would never see a rogue replace a warglaive with the Muramasa or the Blade of Savagery.

The warglaives were significantely higher in stats, baseline dps, and top end damage. Then, on top of that you have the equip bonus. Nothing else came close.

The Val'anyr isn't even the BiS item anymore. As long as we are level 80 we should never take off a legendary item under any circumstances.
It's what makes it legendary.

At least make the Val'anyr have the highest spell power in the game or put a socket or two in it.

Basically,

For physical dps classes the legendary item should have the highest baseline DPS available without a doubt.

For caster classes (healers or magic damage) the legendary item should have the highest baseline Spell Power available without a doubt.

This is not the case for the new Val'anyr legendary mace.

You might as well throw out a legendary Shirt of Uber and give the subpar healing effect of +15% shields. (yank yank) so we can equip a better healing mace. Thank you.

Look, buddy, we had Salzman from accounting run the numbers about a hundred times already. According to our simulations, nobody that owns a Val'anyr will ever do what you've outlined. Ever. Let's call that Valnoth's Promise and move on from these silly scenarios. There are far more important things to troll about.