WoW won't start up; black screen

#0 - July 27, 2010, 11:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have recently bought a Mac. I'm not sure if posting the specs of my Mac will help but just in case:
--
MacBook Pro
15"
Intel Core i7 processor
500gb
--
I downloaded WoW and I have not been able to play it since, it's been days now; Here's the story; sorry for it's length.

I have downloaded WoW from battle.net and after it completed it's download and installing the latest three patches, I wanted to run the program.

- I click on the WoW icon; Launcher.exe comes up; Blizzard News comes up quickly.
- I click on play; WoW goes full screen and a black screen is al to be seen.
- I wait about five minutes; ended up having to force shut down my Mac.

I restart my Mac soon after

- Open Launcher.exe; went to options and disabled full screen
- Clicked play; windowed mode popped up; still a black screen; the loading colorful cursor spinning.

I googled this issue and read a bit of info. I deleted the WTF, Cache and Interface folders as read on the forums of this site.
- I attempt to open WoW; still nothing.

I called Tech Support. They walked me through deleting the three folders stated above and to also run the First Aid Disk Repair. After that didn't work, they lead me to restart my computer and whilst it booting up to hold down [Command]+[S] until a black screen with white lettering showed up. I entered the words they told me to (if i remember correctly: fyck -fy), and still nothing worked.

They finally told me to uninstall WoW completely from my Mac and so I did, and to install it from the WOLK cd this time. I did took me about an hour. I attempt to play WoW again and still absolutely nothing.

**Is there anything else left for me to do?**
Or should I just continue playing WoW on my crappy PC, lagging every so minutes.
#1 - July 27, 2010, 4:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hiya, Javey

Take a look here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24401515063&sid=1

It includes a link to an update from Apple. If this doesn't fix the issue, there are other tips in there such as:

Q u o t e:

- Go into System Preferences > Energy Saver
- Untick Automatic graphics switching
- Launch WoW, hopefully the opening cinematic will play properly
- Skip the movie and quit WoW at the login screen
- Go back into System Preferences > Energy Saver
- Tick Automatic graphics switching
- WoW should work normally now
#3 - July 27, 2010, 9:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Have you tried any of the steps above?