#39 - Aug. 18, 2015, 2:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What he really said:

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why lie when it's easily proven to be a lie?
Exactly. i dont get why hes lying. i participate on all my character and get jack !@#$. the only time you get exp during an invasion is if you solo kill something. not participate. thats how you get 10 xp.

This isn't a lie - this is the intended functionality (hence, why there seems there may be an issue with the system).

In Legion, with the level scaling technology, XP should be given based on contribution to the percent of health damage that you dealt to the mob. Since all the mobs scale to the player's level, this means a level 20 and a level 100 are on common ground.

basically if you didn't get much XP you probably just didn't do much

always a chance of a bug, but yeah

The quote that's going around (above) is how the system should work. If you tap the mob and then don't assist much in the kill, you would be rewarded lower than a player who did a majority of the mobs health in damage.

Again - "intended functionality." We are looking into this to see if there's a deeper issue that needs to be resolved related to last night's hotfix and will provide updates as they come.

On a final note - let's keep things civil. We are all trying to make sure communication on this topic is truthful and clear, and we want these invasions to feel rewarding while they are around.