So, whats being done about the 'OP' tanks?

#0 - Feb. 2, 2010, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, so things like warrior AE threat aren't getting any attention because Blizz doesn't like the LOLAOE zergfest that most heroics and even some raids have become. Alright, np. Apparently the challenge in playing a warrior seems to be a good metric of where they want the tanks to be. I can accept that.

However GC himself admitted that paladins in particular are too good considering their ease of play.. so whats being done to being them down to something resembling where the other tanks are? I don't mean to sound like OMG NERF THEM (I have a paladin tank too) but the reality is that they bring too much to the table and for far too little effort (comparitively speaking).
#3 - Feb. 2, 2010, 6:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This isn't intended to sound snarky: Are you really having that much trouble holding groups in heroic dungeons?
#93 - Feb. 2, 2010, 7:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Really GC? Really? At least in raids you can argue that "herp derp tanks are completing content so whateva" but to bring up 5 mans? Compare a paladin to a dk.

The OP started this thread by arguing that he or she had trouble tanking 5-player dungeons and even some raids because of warrior AE tanking ability. I found that surprising. If you think it's just not fair, that's a slightly different argument than saying you actually don't have the tools to do the job. We find AE tanking is pretty easy bordering on trivial on all tanking classes.
#95 - Feb. 2, 2010, 7:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This probably isn't feasible, actually. You'd have to gut consecrate, and re-work ret DPS from the ground up.

I don't think it's Consecrate, actually. It was definitely Consecrate in Burning Crusade. I think it's HoR and possibly SoC.