@ Neth

#0 - May 20, 2009, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know that we are not supposed to fish for blue response or call out a CM deliberately, but I have a question pertaining to the question stick that was put up yesterday and I think that it might clear up a little of the process from our end (not to mention wondering and questions about the questionnaire.)

Are you only going to gather the questions that are the most asked and deal with those, or are you also going to throw in a few questions that like one or two people asked that seemed rather valid also?

What time frame are we looking at for when these questions are answered? I understand that you would want to give all of the community time to ask the burning questions they have, but perhaps finding the most prevalent questions and answering them pretty soon might quell anymore repeat posts of the same thing.

Also, how in depth are the answers going to be? Like possibly giving the design philosophy behind something, or just a straight this is X and this is Y? Answering this might help us come up with better in depth questions.

I feel like I am leaving something out and I might edit this, but those are the main questions about the questionnaire that i have.

Thanks for your time Neth if you do decide to answer these questions, and my fellow shamans please add to it if you have a question about the question post that is stickied at the top of our corner of the forum world.
#2 - May 20, 2009, 5:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I know that we are not supposed to fish for blue response or call out a CM deliberately, but I have a question pertaining to the question stick that was put up yesterday and I think that it might clear up a little of the process from our end (not to mention wondering and questions about the questionnaire.)

Are you only going to gather the questions that are the most asked and deal with those, or are you also going to throw in a few questions that like one or two people asked that seemed rather valid also?

What time frame are we looking at for when these questions are answered? I understand that you would want to give all of the community time to ask the burning questions they have, but perhaps finding the most prevalent questions and answering them pretty soon might quell anymore repeat posts of the same thing.

Also, how in depth are the answers going to be? Like possibly giving the design philosophy behind something, or just a straight this is X and this is Y? Answering this might help us come up with better in depth questions.

I feel like I am leaving something out and I might edit this, but those are the main questions about the questionnaire that i have.

Thanks for your time Neth if you do decide to answer these questions, and my fellow shamans please add to it if you have a question about the question post that is stickied at the top of our corner of the forum world.

Good questions and I'm happy to answer them for you.

First, I'm going to try to pull up the most prominent questions, however if I see a question that I know is long lived, but hasn't ever seen an answer and think I might be able to get one for it or update it, I will.

Second, it's probably going to be a couple of weeks before we can get answers out. Reason being, we want to give everyone both here and in the international communities a chance to get their questions out there as well. I'm not going to give a specific date just in case we run into a strange time crunch that puts a kibosh on it. I just want everyone to be aware that you shouldn't expect a slew of answers right away. As I said in the main general post, we have a plan that we're going on and want to make sure we get everyone covered.

Third, we'll try to go as in depth as we can, but keep in mind, spending more time on one question may cost others from being answered and sometimes we may not be able to get more in depth if there is something we're working on but can't discuss as of yet. We'll try to give as much information as we can though.

Also, once we've answered questions for each class via a main post, we will still be hanging around to answer any other thing we can. We're not going anywhere anytime soon, though at some point you may see a different Community Manager stopping in other than me. :)
#8 - May 20, 2009, 7:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Not to really antagonize you neth but out of the 24 pages i'm pretty sure all relevant (and irrelevant) questions have been asked. There is really no point on prolonging this for weeks.

We don't tend to do things fast if we want to do them well. It's going to apply here as well and we are making sure we are as thorough and inclusive as possible on this. We also want to make sure that any information we put together can be shared with our global community and not just one region. I understand that you'd like this process to go fast, but believe me, once we start posting these, you'll see two classes addressed each week. Given that we're just starting the process, we wanted to give ourselves the time we needed to get it all together before letting it all get rolling.

Also keep in mind, addressing class questions won't mean that we're done talking. It will just mean that we've at least put together a large source of answers for you and will work to expand on more as we go. It just may not be presented the same.
#14 - May 20, 2009, 7:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

fixt

I'm pretty sure I saw Enhancement Shaman also asking about itemization too. Just please be patient. We'll get to what we can.