Thunderbluff too remote?

#0 - May 22, 2009, midnight
Blizzard Post
There were changes to NE city making it easy for night elves to access stormwind by boat. Unfortunately the only way to get to thunderbluff is a long barrens run with lots of danger for the low level player. its still too far out of the way for anything, and the only reason you might want go to TB is to take a port there to get to COT faster. Training guns means a long loooooong run to TB while training guns for the alliance is a quick tram ride, and training bows is a quick boat ride.

Bliz plz fix this. TB is a elevated city making it the perfect place to land a Zeppelin.
#21 - May 22, 2009, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There were changes to NE city making it easy for night elves to access stormwind by boat. Unfortunately the only way to get to thunderbluff is a long barrens run with lots of danger for the low level player. its still too far out of the way for anything, and the only reason you might want go to TB is to take a port there to get to COT faster. Training guns means a long loooooong run to TB while training guns for the alliance is a quick tram ride, and training bows is a quick boat ride.

Bliz plz fix this. TB is a elevated city making it the perfect place to land a Zeppelin.

Okay.
#42 - May 22, 2009, 1:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Or, "Something they've already implemented on an internal test build and was given the okay to mention it if anyone asks."

Essentially. The Zephyr is getting set to transport players between Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff in an upcoming patch.
#49 - May 22, 2009, 1:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

O.o

Wat about Exodar?

While the Exodar requires an extra hop in most cases, it is still connected by boat travel and no overland travel is necessary. That was not true of Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff.
#56 - May 22, 2009, 1:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

SW is a much better port than Menethil, and Exodar is the worst most remote city in the game.

I take it you haven't traveled there by boat lately, as Menethil is no longer in the equation.

Stormwind -> Auberdine -> Exodar.
#156 - May 22, 2009, 7:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The alt has to run through the Barrens 1 time to get to Orgrimmar, after that, they have their standard running around for the rest of their leveling time.

I think this change is going to bring all of the people from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff, Thunder Bluff, being much smaller than Orgrimmar in size, will be quite the lag fest im sure.

Simply put, every single city aside from Thunder Bluff is connected by a boat or zeppelin. Thunder Bluff has been unique since the latest expansion in that it still requires a run. No, it is not as difficult a run as the old Menethil jog, but it still requires a lengthy trip through over-level, hostile territory for an individual newly made who wants to make use of the facilities in Thunder Bluff.

This addition isn't primarily directed at the people who have the flightpath. Yes, you can fly from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff still, just as you can fly from Ironforge to Stormwind, but that does not invalidate the tram's existence for those starting a new character or starting the game as a whole. And while you may not think of it in those terms, there are still fresh-faced players, new to World of Warcraft, joining us. ;)

As the craft leaves from one of the zeppelin towers in Durotar and is slower than the wyvern flight, I don't believe the population of Thunder Bluff will skyrocket significantly.

Oh, and for those of you asking, the Zephyr is indeed a zeppelin.
#185 - May 22, 2009, 9:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Kisirani, you must be new here.

While I get it, this one statement amuses me greatly. ;)