"Additional Instances Cannot Be launched"

#0 - May 29, 2009, 10:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For goodness sake please fix this.

Yet another Friday evening trying to run some instances, yet another Friday evening wasted walking backwards and forwards along with another massive group of people trying to get into an instance.

At the moment I'm up to 3/4 of an hour wait trying to get into a normal UK run.

This is a joke blizzard, do something about it other than ignoring the problem please. Because you are ignoring it and have been for the past three months at the very least.
#23 - June 10, 2009, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are aware of your feedback concerning the limit on the number of instances. This limit was set up some time ago in order to preserve the gameplay experience of players who are already inside instances. Allowing too many instances to be opened at once would eventually have a negative impact on performance, which was definitely noticed and reported right here in the EU forums. This limit is still in place today for the same reasons.

However, we are working on a more permanent solution for instance performance. This can take a lot of time to plan, implement and test -- so it is not something we can resolve quickly, other than using the limit currently in place. But we do wish to assure you that we are very much aware of your feedback and we continue to monitor the situation. We will inform you about the longer term solution as soon as we have more details to share.

#165 - Aug. 7, 2009, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just posted this exact same message in the General forum:

We realise this issue is frustrating, which is why we have been informing you regularly about realm modifications we have been actively implementing over the last few weeks to reduce or eliminate this issue.

Please check out the existing messages we created about this:

02/07 Instance Capacity Update:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=9941934722&sid=12

27/07 Extended Maintenances:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10222123450&sid=1

As you can see, we are not ignoring the issue -- instead we are making great efforts to eliminate it. We take the issue seriously, I assure you.