New Skin Tones vs. Bear and Cat

#0 - June 3, 2009, 10:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So i was curious about the new skins.

I assumed that, for example, if you have a black tauren; you get a black bear and the black cat. White skin = white bear and light colored cat.

My question is are there going to be enough skin tones to choose which bear AND which cat we want? Or does each bear have its coresponding cat?

Basically are there going to be 25 skin tones, or just 5? I was assuming 5, but realized i didn't actually read that anywhere.
#5 - June 3, 2009, 11:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Based on the current looks of tauren, I believe there are a total of 19 different skin choices for male tauren, and 11 skin choices for tauren females. Many similar tones will share the same bear and cat forms though. We're looking to release a break down of the tauren skin tones and night elf hair colors, as they correspond with the different cat and bear form color options, shortly after the new night elf cat form art is released.
#19 - June 4, 2009, 1:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, they did explain it that way.

HORDE FAVORITISM, AGAIN!!!

Some of the skin tones and hair colors share the same forms, so while there are 19 male tauren skin tones, 11 female tauren skin tones, and 8 night elf hair colors, the total number of form color combinations is very close amongst them.
#21 - June 4, 2009, 2:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ah, OK, good to know-- so I was right the first time! /flex (Well, in a way I was. Not that the number of combinations will necessarily be five, though.)

Btw, the "Horde Favoritism" was typed with my tongue in my cheek.

I figured as much. I was going to quote an earlier post on the subject, but figured the sentiment in yours was short and sweet, whether or not it was in jest. ;)