New Druid Art: Color Associations

#0 - June 5, 2009, 7:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Now that everyone has had a chance to check out the new art for druid cat and bear forms, we'd like to share with you the current break down of tauren skin tones and night elf hair colors associated with each form color. Please note that, while we have attempted to associate each form color as carefully as possible, this list is subject to change before the next major content patch goes live.

All options for skin tone (tauren) and hair color (night elves) are listed below followed by the forms that will be associated with each set of tones/colors. Listed in parentheses after each form color is the placement in which you'll find that form in the screen shots found here in our "Updated Druid Forms Coming Soon" preview: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/druid-forms.html

Tauren Male

Black / Black with White Belly / Black Spots
    • Black Bear (top middle), Black Cat (top right)

Dark Grey / Dark Grey with White Belly / Dark Grey Spots
    • Grey Bear (bottom left), Black Cat (top right)

Red-Brown / Red-Brown with White Belly / Red-Brown Spots
    • Brown Bear (top right), Red Cat (top left)

Yellow-Brown / Yellow-Brown with White Belly / Yellow-Brown Spots
    • Yellow Bear (top left), Yellow Cat (top middle)

Steel Grey / Steel Grey with White Belly / Steel Grey Spots
    • Grey Bear (bottom left), White Cat (bottom right)

Light Brown-Grey / Light Brown-Grey with White Belly / Light Brown-Grey Spots
    • Yellow Bear (top left), Brown Cat (bottom left)

White
    • White Bear (bottom right), White Cat (bottom right)

Tauren Female

Black / Black Spots
    • Black Bear (top middle), Black Cat (top right)

Dark Grey / Dark Grey Spots
    • Grey Bear (bottom left), Black Cat (top right)

Red-Brown / Red-Brown Spots
    • Brown Bear (top right), Red Cat (top left)

Light Brown / Light Brown Spots
    • Yellow Bear (top left), Yellow Cat (top middle)

Light Brown-Grey / Light Brown-Grey Spots
    • Yellow Bear (top left), Brown Cat (bottom left)

White
    • White Bear (bottom right), White Cat (bottom right)

Night Elves (Male and Female)

Greens: Yellow-Green / Green / Dark Green
    • Violet Bear with Green Mane (bottom left), Blue Cat with Dark Mane (top right)

Light Blues: Teal / Light Blue
    • Blue Bear with Dark Mane (top left), Indigo Cat with Light Mane (far left)

White
    • White Bear (top middle), White Cat (top left)

Dark Blue
    • Black Bear (bottom right), Black Cat (bottom)

Purple
    • Red bear with Blue Mane (top right), Purple Cat (middle)
#31 - June 5, 2009, 9:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Not to be rude, but did you guys change the coloring of the Night elf bears? Because I don't see a Violet Bear on the bottom left. It does have a green mane, but it honestly looks more brownish/pink. And I don't see a blue bear on the top left, though it does have a dark mane. To me it looks almost violet almost brown, but not blue.

Here is the original picture again.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/images/druid/ss2.jpg

It's hard to really get a feel for their exact appearance in a frozen shot with only one type of lighting. I think you'll see certain tones that may not be as apparent in the screen shots come out more in-game, especially with the night elf forms where there are very subtle variations in tone throughout each cat and bear model to give them that Darnassian look. :)
#164 - June 5, 2009, 9:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
"Also, in the screenshots the bears are roaring, but when just sitting normally, their mouths will close in a toothy grin so to speak."

Bold emphasis is mine. Does this mean that you have to command the character to 'sit' in order for it to shut its mouth, or will it idly close it? Screenshot of bear closing his mouth while standing, or it isn't fixed.

More on-topic, why didn't they just implement a second barbershop window for forms? The current implementation is lazy and hamfisted.

Nethaera addressed this later on in the thread from which you grabbed that quote:

Q u o t e:
No one has said anything about it only closing while sitting. :) I think there have been some incorrect inferences.

Just to clarify, when I said, "sitting around" that was in reference to idling, hanging out and being bearlike.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17367879395&sid=1&pageNo=29#564
#167 - June 5, 2009, 9:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Argh, Z, why couldn't you have addressed the second on topic portion of that post as well :( We're dying out here... is any consideration being made to re-evaluate how you're doling out the forms?

Allowing additional UI features in the barber shop so druids can preview forms is a great idea. It has been brought up, but that doesn't mean it's something that's going to happen in the next patch.

The current implementation is made as such that it can be expanded upon in the future. As of right now, it's the most streamlined and sensible way of allowing druids a chance to strut their new styles as soon as possible. :)