Launch Test Aug. 3 at 2:45 p.m. PDT

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Aug. 3, 2016, 8:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Today, August 3, we’re going to test launching Legion with the Legion Beta, and we’d appreciate your help.

At about 2:45 p.m. PDT on August 3, we’ll bring the Beta up.

At that time, we ask that everyone create a new character using the "Legion Launch Test" template. You'll be placed in Dalaran, ready to proceed. We will begin broadcasting server messages to indicate that Legion is about to go “live”.

Then, at 3:00 p.m. PDT, the test launch will take place.

As the expansion “launches”, you will be automatically prompted with the quest "In The Blink of an Eye", which will teleport you to post-launch Legion content.

That's it! We look forward to seeing you in the Beta today at 2:45 p.m. PDT.

Thank you very much!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Aug. 3, 2016, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/03/2016 08:08 AMPosted by Qualanthar
This thread needs sticky!

Done!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#21 - Aug. 4, 2016, 3:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms will be going offline briefly as we setup for this test. This will be happening within the next few minutes.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#35 - Aug. 4, 2016, 4:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/03/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Nightblossum
08/03/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Zorbrix
Realms will be going offline briefly as we setup for this test. This will be happening within the next few minutes.

i wish you all wouldn't LOCK all other toons for those who DON'T WANT to do this again.

I understand that doing it this way makes it something you really can't "opt out of", so I apologize for that, but this is the cleanest way to do it.

We can't simulate the Expansion Launch while at the same time letting people already be in the post-expansion launch content. It just wouldn't be legitimate (or easy to do).
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#43 - Aug. 4, 2016, 5:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for your help with the test! We had a great turnout and had a ton of people successfully go from Deadwind Pass Dalaran to Broken Isles Dalaran.

You can either continue playing those characters or return to your other characters, either is fine. The quest + teleport was the only real focus of the test.