I freaking LOVE Rated Battlegrounds!

#1 - May 4, 2011, 6:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Incredible fun!

If you have not tried it, you have missed out on something great!

100% action from start to finish; I can't wait for next game evening. It has everything I have missed from random BG's and arena. Teamwork, epic battles, objectives etc.

I have even enjoyed loosing a couple of battles, love it.

The only thing I would like to change is so that we gain honor points when the weekly conquest cap is reached.

EDIT: After Blizzard honored this topic with a blue answer a discussion started that have taken a turn for the worse. People accuse me of working for blizzard, for trolling and they complain that blizzard only answer on these kind of topics while ignoring other more important topics. It is like arguing with religions fanatics.

My topic was created for one thing, to enlighten players about rated battlegrounds and show that this is FUN. Blizzard saw this and gave a reply on the very same thing, that it is FUN. If you have not tried rated battlegrounds yet you have missed out on something great. This is the most fun thing I have done in the game ever and I have played for 3 years and tried it all.

Rated Battlegrounds is fun. It is not perfect but it is fun. That is enough for me.
#8 - May 4, 2011, 7:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/05/2011 08:16Posted by Grykogh
100% action from start to finish; I can't wait for next game evening. It has everything I have missed from random BG's and arena. Teamwork, epic battles, objectives etc.

Indeed.

I love coming home from work to find the RBG team in my guild waiting for my arrival to go play some games. I tend to do Arenas a day or two a week, and then RBGs the rest as it's easier for me to spend large amounts of time in RBGs than elsewhere without requiring a break :)

The matches that are so close that they boil down to a last minute flag capture are the best though - gives an awesome adrenaline kick as it happens, and feels so rewarding after.
Forum Avatar
Community
#24 - May 4, 2011, 9:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/05/2011 09:51Posted by Laserboss
Ofcourse we're getting a GM reply, this is one of the few threads about RBG's being enjoyable, and since they're trying to phase out arenas in favor of the less-liked RBG's, it makes perfect sense.

This isn't very correct, fortunately.

Arenas serve as an attraction and have a purpose of their own, with a large following at that.

Rated Battlegrounds are not attempting to replace Arenas, they are an alternative/addition to the ways players can have fun in-game; and one that many (including me) enjoy quite a bit, both due to the social aspect (whole team on voice chat), and the whole epic battles thing mentioned in previous posts.