LFD - Yes, there are problem players, but...

#1 - Jan. 13, 2011, 12:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My login hours tend to be rather erratic, and fairly often my guildies are doing other things/not online. I rather like my guild, the people in it are friendly, generally mature, and good for a laugh. But, as I say, they aren't always available for dungeons.

Therefore, I use the LFD tool with a rather high degree of frequency.

Sometimes there are people who are, quite frankly, not at all nice. They stand in the fire and then all I get is 'WTF HEALER U NOOB GTFO'. This is unacceptable, however, it is hard to do anything about them, realistically, with the exception of reporting them and (if possible) kicking.

Last night, however, I went to HoO for the first time, using the dungeon finder.

Whilst the first group I had went disastrously tits up (and the tank left, so did two of the DPS), we requeued and the replacements were really good. Considerate, helpful (it was somebody else's first time as well) and communicative.

Yes, I know, there are some real jerks in LFD. But more often than not I just find myself in a group where nobody communicates and it's just a bit of a pain. Sometimes, though, you do get a really nice group in which everybody works together and has a good time. I just wanted to say a few good words about the system because it comes in for an awful lot of stick but actually it can be really rather useful. It's the players that are the problem, not the system.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - Jan. 13, 2011, 1:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
13/01/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Elonara
Yes, I know, there are some real jerks in LFD. But more often than not I just find myself in a group where nobody communicates and it's just a bit of a pain. Sometimes, though, you do get a really nice group in which everybody works together and has a good time. I just wanted to say a few good words about the system because it comes in for an awful lot of stick but actually it can be really rather useful. It's the players that are the problem, not the system.

I very much agree with this :-)

There are indeed some bad apples using the LFD system, but for those we have tools like ignore or votekick, and of course we can report them as well if they are being abusive apples... The trick is to not let them get to you! For the most part, I am personally having a great time using the LFD system, even if I do not always get to complete a dungeon every time I use it. In my experience, people are usually fairly quiet and cautious at the start of a dungeon run, but after a short while when things gets going, people tend to relax and enjoy themselves... it is not at all uncommon to meet some very nice people using the LFD :-)