The WoW Boycott / petition

#1 - May 19, 2011, 4:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
For the GM's etc that say this has been mentioned, here, here and here so locked, this hasn't been mentioned. You can't stop the customer from having free speech about a product they pay for. Please people sign your name and a additional comment below Thank you

As you all know, there is a new feature going to be implemented for the LFD system. Yeh this is an awesome service and brings the community and social lives more together. That is until you read the ''fine print'' of it being premium.
Blizzard, as quoted by many people told the community they would never charge for in game services.
At this moment, Blizzard already have our 8.99 PREMIUM A month premium Accounts and we buy esxpansions at £30 each at the time of sale.

They also have some features such as Arena pass realms £12, faction change £20, realm transfer £15 , race change £15, Appearence change £12 and name change £6. Now, these aren't cheap and people use these services alot. All in all a 1 time go of all of these is £80, for a game we already pay for.

Then they started to sell vanity pets and mounts. The community and playerbase accepted it as a sweet little feature.

They then took it 1 step further with more functionality allowing you to use the Remote AuctionHouse/Remote GuildChat for a small fee. This I was not happy about considering that you had to pay for it £2.49 per 30 day.

Now these people who have already made this game cost us so much and who say they listen and use our feedback ( clearely not ) expect us to pay for a SOCIAL aspect on A SOCIAL game just so we can play with our friends. Considering WoW has already lost 600 k subscribers they should be remembering
the number 1 rule. The customer is always right.

So what I want to try and do to make amends with this feature is Either A. Go the hard way and us the community boycott this or we sign a petition for them to sort this. I know I speak for alot of people when I say this could really be the start to the end of the world... of warcraft. Thank you for reading
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - May 19, 2011, 7:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread as there are already existing threads on this topic.

Please post your concerns about this topic in the existing threads.

Also, please read the forum guidelines before posting:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/816711831
Petition posts are frowned upon

These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.