Occulus Achievement need to be Toned Down

#0 - June 29, 2009, 10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have tried to get Glory of the Hero done for the last three months or longer. I am at the point where I only need Ruby Void.

It requires way too much coordination and perfection from each of the five players. It doesn't matter if you have the best gear. It doesn't matter if you are level 100 by the time you get back to it. It is all about usling the three abilities of the Amber drakes.

And not so much the three abilities, but the Time Stop ability. If the whelps spawn, game over.

I please request a revision of Ruby Void.

It is a nightmare to find people for it. When you find it, one or two people go offline on first attempt. I spent a few hours there a couple days ago. I had to replace players twice, and finally two players decided to leave after two repairs. It coested me approximately 150g repairs.

What could sound like a good trade off is if the Time Stop ability is reduced to 45 seconds.

Otherwise, lower the damage dealt by the whelps. Even if I heal as a Paladin, I get one shot with all the whelps that aggro to heals. Not exactly sure what's the difference from when I did Emerald Void -- half of it I recall healing as a paladin and we finished it. Now it seems I can't even survive the whelps.

I have raided Ulduar plenty of times. Over 100 Emblems of Conquest. I shouldn't be having so much trouble getting Ruby Void done. But it doesn't matter what level I am or how good the gear is.

The problem is coordination, but I would have to blame the 1 minute cooldown on Time Stops too. Please consider lowering it down for the sake of PUG players. I never get guildies to help. At most I get one volunteer. People hates going there.
#11 - June 30, 2009, 1:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The plan is to allow the drakes to scale with gear in patch 3.2 which should make some of these achievements easier to get.