If you worked at Blizz HQ

#0 - Feb. 9, 2010, 8:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What would you like to do?

Please don't turn this into a "Fix blah blah" thread, because no one person makes a decision that makes it into game, sure you could voice your opinion on a matter and convince people, but doesn't mean it's going to happen :P

I for one would love to be the next Chris Metzen. Been a fan of his ever since Diablo 2, I've always loved coming up with lore and stuff, and making things feel epic, and he seems to me like the go to guy for what makes Blizzard products memorable and great from a story perspective.
#10 - Feb. 9, 2010, 10:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I for one would love to be the next Chris Metzen. Been a fan of his ever since Diablo 2, I've always loved coming up with lore and stuff, and making things feel epic, and he seems to me like the go to guy for what makes Blizzard products memorable and great from a story perspective.

He gave a few off-the-cuff speeches at a meeting I attended Monday morning. I know his personality has an affect on players, but he's an inspiration for Blizzard employees as well. Not only does he drive a certain style for us to keep our jobs feeling fun, but he helps foster the creative vibe at Blizzard so that, as we continue to grow and evolve, we don't lose sight of our goals as individuals and as a company.

He's all around just an uplifting, talented guy and a pleasure to work with. :)
#145 - Feb. 10, 2010, 4:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If the choice also imbues me with the power to be awesome at it then I'd go with cinematic concept artist/matte painter.