Possible exploits in game

#1 - April 24, 2013, 4:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The game is full of cocky people who claim they are the best( I hate people who fuel themselves on how awesome they are). But are those people really that good? Srsly, i think, actually i believe that big portion of those high rated players use some methods to cheat and logically no one would ever say that to anyone. Ofc there are stupid cheaters who get detected easy, but they are not subject here. I based my beliefs on fact that in every game there are hacks cheats and exploits, especially in these competitive ones. So i have been doing some research around web and i've paid attention on what people do in arena.
Here are cases that i have noticed:

1) I am not stunned, silened, sapped nor do i have any form of cc on myself and still i cant cast heal on myself like lifebloom or rejuvenation. And i was targeting myself and spamhitting the key... I have full mana and i see people running around which means i my connection is fine.But still spell is not being casted Then ofc i die and douche does /lol at me. My friend compleined same thing to me on his warlock ( he couldnt cast anything, not even a trinket and he was sure his connection was fine). Also this doesnt happens randomly, but only when we meet certain team. And one guy from guild said he read something about spell delaying trick that does something with internet overloading.

2) Sometimes i see people just disapear and apear in different place ( i believe that is lag abusing or something like that). For example i see warrior running in place for like 5 sec and then he is gone, i try to run away, and he appear in fron of me, then i displace and i see him running in place again and bum he charges at me from other side of arena place.

3) I can swear i have seen hunter using Virmen's bite in arena, i saw him gaining buff while he was putting cds on...That makes me think people found a way to use those stuff in arena somehow.That would explain some overpowered dmg and healing.

4) MW monk that doesnt lose mana... at all... he is always at maximum. But i mean always not even 1k mana drop (i know monks got overpowered mana sustain but this cannot be result of that)... Now when we see monk we just leave match.

5) Friends told me they've seen priests leaving combat at will..Like oh i need little mana back, why should i use cd when i can leave combat anytime i want to...

There are more of this stuff but i think this is enough.
I cant be the only one who thinks that high ratings are sometimes result of exploits...

Now i am casual player and i dont go for high ratings or anything, but i still think this is not fair.
Forum Avatar
Community
#4 - April 24, 2013, 11:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
1) This does not appear to be an exploit, This is most likely attributed to connection issues. If you continue to have these problems, you should contact our support team by submitting a ticket, provide all the information you can about the matter and they will hopefully be able to assist.

If you want to as well, you can include the name of the opposing team, it's members and the time at which you faced them. With this information our support team should be able to investigate anything suspicious that may be taking place and act accordingly. It is much more likely though that this is related to connection issues, though.

2) That is something which is generally referred to as "rubber banding", or "warping". Once again, this is an issue relating to connection speed on either your opponents or your own connection, sometimes both. If this happens regularly, please feel free to contact support about this as well. Hopefully they will be able to assist you with any connection issues that you are facing.

3) As was said by Burnadette, that is most likely the Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. That trinket grants a 4400 agility proc in PvP areas such as Battlegrounds and Arena and is what you are confusing with the Virmen's Bite consumable.

4) Monks utilize two resources, Mana and Chi. Not only do they have both of these resources, they also have the Mana Tea ability that can help them with maintaining high levels of mana. I would severely doubt that a Monk sits at 100% Mana an entire match though, if you are applying reasonable pressure.

5) Priest have no skills that allow them to immediately exit combat. They do have Spectral Guise though, this allows them to stealth for 6 seconds or until their shadow has been attacked three times. As I said initially though, this does not remove them from combat, however it can give them an escape and the space they need to get out of combat.

As Burnadette mentioned before me, if you encounter something that you don't understand, it is best to look into what each class is capable of. This not only helps with your understanding of other classes, but it will also improve your skill in PvP because you will be able to better react to your opponent if you know what they are capable of.
Forum Avatar
Community
#8 - April 24, 2013, 12:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
24/04/2013 12:51Posted by Mírion
It actually does. It's a bug since 5.2 that makes you drop combat when you use it.
We are actually aware of this and are currently looking into the matter, I'll try to get some more information about this before the end of the week. :)

Don't listen to this Nakatoir!! It's all lies, lalalalala ..

Nothing to see here, move along.
I saw nothing... *Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. Tip of the hat* :p
Forum Avatar
Community
#17 - April 24, 2013, 2:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
24/04/2013 13:56Posted by Asdemiq
there used to be macros that tried to do so many things at once that if used in combat you would "warp" around and be practically unhitable. This was back in Wotlk though so I dunno if it's fixed or not
There were some macro's that allowed players to create artificial lag, such as the one linked by Thornassx and some others. We have since fixed these, so they should no longer be possible. If you are aware of any other kind of exploits like this, then please report it to us through the ticketing system with as many details as you can provide so that it can be investigated further.
Forum Avatar
Community
#30 - May 2, 2013, 7:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
24/04/2013 13:43Posted by Mírion
We are actually aware of this and are currently looking into the matter, I'll try to get some more information about this before the end of the week. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3KdLa1034&feature=youtu.be

Incase you need some kind of "poof" to show how it's bugged.
Coming back to this one quickly; Spectral Guise removing a player from combat is not entirely a bug, but more of an unfortunate side-effect that's caused by the way the spell functions in order to accomplish particular tasks. We are fine that this perk is available through Spectral Guise and have no plans at this time to change the way the spell works.

We're aware that the tooltip is currently incorrect in its current state and are looking to update it in an upcoming patch, however this will not be until patch 5.4 at the soonest.