Hunter Artifact Bug

#1 - June 22, 2016, 4:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, clearly there was a new patch that was released..prior to this, I had already finished every artifact quest line and had all 3 of mine. When i logged in today i saw all these quests so i just grabbed them all, after reading them. I abandoned the quests, which then preceded to delete my 868 Talonclaw with 19-20 artifact perks unlocked and I'm not sure if it also gets erased, but 5 artifact knowledge unlocked as well. I had all 3 relics filled 1 835 and 2 840s. I know there's going to be bugs and thats why we're testing but is there any way for me to get said weapon back?
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#13 - June 22, 2016, 9:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all,

We're aware of the cause for Hunters + Priests, still figuring out if something else happened to Demon Hunters. Right now I don't have a good fix for your lost artifacts but we're actively discussing what can we done.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#20 - June 23, 2016, 1:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To catch everyone up here, while fixing a bug in the most recent build, we cleared progress specifically for the Survival Hunter artifact and Shadow Priest artifact quests. This made the quests available again to players that had previously completed them.

For those of you that encountered these quests again, accepting them and then abandoning them triggered some clean-up behavior on the quests that deleted their associated artifacts.

While we'd never do this kind of quest clearing outside of testing environments, we've taken this opportunity to put in some additional safeguards to prevent things like this from happening in the future. Sadly, they've come too late for a few of you.

Normally in a beta environment we can't offer a much support even for really painful bugs, but we also realize the impact of this particular issue has the potential to strip away most of the progression on your beta character. One of our server team magicians is currently trying to restore some of the lost weapons with their progression intact. We can't make any promises that this restoration will work, but if it does, some of you may find your weapons mailed back to you today or tomorrow. In the meantime, if you had an artifact deleted, please refrain from re-obtaining a new version of it if you can, as you won't be able to have 2 of the same artifact in your inventory, so it may prevent the restoration from succeeding.

I am deeply sorry for those of you who ran into this. Thank you for reporting the issue for us here and helping us identify it quickly.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#22 - June 23, 2016, 1:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/22/2016 06:29 PMPosted by Prisonpixie
Is it possible if we know what we had on our artifact exactly for you to recreate it and mail it to us if the restoration does not work?

We're exploring options; our restoration options on Beta are a lot more limited than live retail unfortunately.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#34 - June 23, 2016, 2:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/22/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Maurise
Any of this related to why other classes can't start the 2nd or 3rd artifact quests? Have never seen a quest for my third artifact at all (tried all the work arounds to no avail).

Unrelated. Those problems occurred because not all our quest fixes are retroactive - we target and deploy fixes for bugs so that they don't make it live on August 30th when the expansion launches, but trying to clear up different scenarios for months-old beta characters aren't always possible. People can have wildly different characters depending on when they rolled them. Characters after the expansion launches on retail should hopefully not have that wildly varying criteria on them.