PvP Power needs improving!

#1 - May 24, 2013, 12:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there, I don't mind the fact that people can PvP in Pve gear now due to the resil change. However, I have tested my gear with PvP power gems and my main stat gems which is int, and found that I heal more by gemming int. This should not be the case PvP power should provide more as this is what separates PvP and Pve gear and for PvP, PvP gear should be better. Without it what is the point in PvP gear? therefore I think PvP gear needs to have PvP power increase on the PvP gear itself untill it becomes more beneficial compared to pve gear. What are peoples opinions?
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - May 24, 2013, 2:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Alanyo,

PvP Power is important because it allows us to make PvP gear better than PvE gear for PvP purposes.

PvP Power doesn’t count towards the ilvl budget, so for example, any Tyrannical piece with PvP Power in it should have around the same amount of stats of an equivalent PvE item converted to 496, PvP Power is a bonus stat that will make that Tyrannical piece have the edge over any PvE item.

It’s ok if players choose not to use PvP Power on gems as that means that we’ve managed to reduce the gap between PvE and PvP gear to a good level. If PvP power gems were a lot better than gems with PvE stats then that would make PvE players feel like they should keep switching all the gems on their gear every time they would enter into any instanced PvP combat situation.

I’m hoping to see many more players jump into Arena after 5.3, this is actually a good thing, even for the most Hardcore PvP players, more teams usually means more stability and by mixing the PvE and PvP population, it will probably become a bit easier to reach higher ratings as well.
There are many players that are skilled in both PvP and PvE but only have time to dedicate themselves to fully equip their characters into one of these roles, this patch means that such players will be able to enjoy much more content without feeling any huge competitive unfairness.
Forum Avatar
Community
#17 - May 24, 2013, 3:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
24/05/2013 15:38Posted by Qtxoxo
What you said is entirely understandable, except for one thing. Could you explain the purpose of PvP power gems? Because they only seem as a sub-par choice if pvp power is weaker then either pve stat on the whole spectrum, especially considering secondary stat gems are doubled in amount on gems as opposed to primary stat or pvp power. I am wondering what is the point for a sub-par stat to actually exist.

The gems were introduced when PvP Power and Resilience were much more valuable, we'll see what will happen to them, the verdict is still out there if they are or aren't useful in any way, and for any spec/class, players are still figuring out 5.3 stat weights for every combination.
If they really end up having no use other than to cause confusion to players, I’m sure devs will do something about it. For now I believe they’re still here mainly because they were here before, I doubt that they would have been added now if they didn’t exist before 5.3, but I could be wrong.