Putting the challenge back in wow.

#1 - July 19, 2012, 4:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have seen too many posts lately, about how wow is not challenging.
so i just came up with the idea to make it challenging for you.

now this will take some effort from your side, (but that is a part of the challenge of course.

I present to you,
The Greenhorn Run.

now what is this all about,
basicaly, you will attempt to run any cataclysm raid. but you are only allowed to equip green quality items. and so is the rest of your raid team.
Its kinda similar to the iron man challenge, but this one won't take you ages to complete. (or would it?)

so i came up with a basic set of rules. (and i will attempt it myself of course.)

• the whole raid group must be equiped with green quality items, no blues, no epics, no legendary's. just greens.
  • if your gear has gem slots, you can only use green quality gems.
  • no enchants.*
  • no buffing food*
  • no flasks.*
  • no LFR edit: unless you queue with a full 25 man raid and everyone has the greens equipped.

So here we go. obviously, there is no achievement for this, so no reins of the special snowflake if you complete it. it is a personal challenge. but in the end that's what it is all about.

I want to hear your oppinion on this. what gear would be the best, (green of course)
What would your preferred set up be? it s all gonna be min maxing on this one. it will be more skill than gear check.

Feel free to share with us if you down a boss.
I now trow this idea to the infamous forums and hope for the best, *crosses fingers*

Grtz Bobbels.

EDIT:
I will update this post if other good Ideas come up, if things appear impossible, or if things appear to be too easy still.
* For the extra challenge, if you need them, you can use them. its a free world after all.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - July 19, 2012, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If I'm not mistaken, during Wrath of the Lich King there was a raid that cleared all content (in normal, I believe) including the Lich King (or at least up to him, though to be honest, I don't remember the details very well at this point) just with blue items :-)